WIC program opens in Dearborn’s south endDEARBORN — Mothers and young children in Dearborn’s South End will now be able to receive nutritional support through a new WIC (Women’s, Infants and Children’s) program site.
- How you behave on social media impacts the entire community
- ‘Take on Hate with Love’ highlights Arab and Muslim contributions
We are not anti anythingWhen The Arab American News opposed the invasion of Iraq, some community members accused us of being anti-Shi'a and pro-Saddam. About a decade later, this charge resurfaced when we called for rethinking the Ashura procession.
- Clinton and the Democratic establishment: Interests and binding ties
- The cases of Abu-Rayyan and Hamdan: Words matter
Israel returns 134 goats to south Lebanon in 'bad condition'Israeli forces returned 134 goats to Lebanese farmers. The animals were in "bad condition," and Israeli authorities are still holding another 91, the state-run National News Agency reported.
- Russia: Syria conflict could unleash World War III
- In Yemen war, hospitals bombed to rubble, starvation spreads
Man pleads not guilty for planned mass shooting in MilwaukeeSamy Mohamed Hamzeh, 23, appeared in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, where he is charged with possession of two machineguns and a silencer, according to online court records. He was arrested last month.
- Justice Dept. sues Ferguson, Missouri, to force police reforms
- Trump, Sanders win in New Hampshire: networks
- U.S. judge deports Qatari military officer accused of enslaving servants
- U.S. intelligence chief warns of 'homegrown' security threat
- Law enforcement officials tighten security at Super bowl following Paris, San Bernardino
- Obama urges Americans to fight Islamophobia during first mosque visit
- First U.S. Zika virus transmission reported, attributed to sex
A San Bernardino shooting suspect identified as Syed FarookTwo law enforcement sources identified one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting as Syed Farook.
- Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in leg
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
Italian student found dead, tortured in EgyptCAIRO — The body of an Italian student who went missing in Cairo was found half naked by the roadside with cigarette burns and other signs of torture, a senior Egyptian prosecutor said on Thursday.
- Netanyahu accuses UN chief of encouraging terrorism
- Canada government to send 'tough message' to Israel as a 'good friend'
Mohammed Assaf to perform at charity concert in DearbornPalestinian singer Mohammed Assaf will perform in a charity concert at Fordson High School on March 4.
- Anger in Italy as nude statues covered for visiting Iranian president
- Arab American rapper slams Trump in new song
- Celine Dion's husband, René Angélil, dies after cancer battle
- Mr. Robot creator says “Shukran" to family after Golden Globe Award
- Dolce & Gabbana launches line of hijabs and abayas
- Model Gigi Hadid: ‘I’m half Palestinian and proud of it’
- NFL Player Oday Aboushi calls out Donald Trump's anti-Muslim policies
U.S. on high alert for bird flu after Indiana poultry outbreakCHICAGO — In the two weeks since bird flu reappeared in Indiana, Veterinarians have swabbed the mouths of chickens and turkeys across the country, racing to uncover any more infections and contain the virus before it causes mass death and damage like last year.
- Sleeping in on weekends may help reduce diabetes risk
- New U.S. diet rules would take 20 percent bite out of American sugar use