Ex-doctor Nassar faces 22 new charges in 'biggest serial sexual assault in MI history'LANSING ― Former USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar, who is in federal custody after more than 80 young girls and women came forward about his sexual assault since September, was hit with 22 more charges Wednesday morning.
- Tanning: An ad for skin cancer?
- Dearborn Heights City Council passes resolution against Trump's travel ban
- State Rep. Yousef Rabhi: Change requires unity in activism
- Detroit shops, schools emptied as locals demonstrate a 'Day without Immigrants'
- A pluralistic vision: American Islam in Detroit
- Educators and lawmakers oppose Detroit school closings
- Dearborn City Council approves resolution opposing travel ban
America is not innocent: If we bomb you, we ban youIn a Fox News interview that aired on Sunday, Feb. 5, President Trump defended Russian President Vladimir Putin when host Bill O'Reilly asked him why he respects him so much if he's a killer.
- Trump's actions have roots in American political discourse
- Courts schooled Trump about America's greatness
Women in sports ad strikes nerve in Arab worldAn online commercial released by Nike (NKE.N) this week that showed Arab women fencing, boxing and spinning on ice-skates has stirred controversy over its attempt to smash stereotypes about women leading home-bound lives in the conservative region.
- France's Le Pen cancels meet with Lebanon grand mufti over headscarf
- Yemen keeps counter-terrorism operations with U.S. despite raid
- ISIS linked group claims rocket attack on Israeli resort
- Red Cross suspends Afghanistan operations after six aid workers killed
- Trump presidency bears closer ties with Egypt
- Suspect in Louvre attack wanted to harm paintings, avenge Syrian people
- Israel legalizes settler homes on private Palestinian land
Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life is possibleAstronomers have found a nearby solar system with seven Earth-sized planets, three of which circle their parent star at the right distance for liquid surface water, bolstering the prospect of discovering extraterrestrial life, research published on Wednesday showed.
- Outspoken general named as Trump's top security adviser
- Trump's defense chief: 'We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil'
- Trump's nominee for ambassador to Israel heckled at hearing
- Trump baffles Sweden with crime comment, says it was based on TV report
- Trump to replace travel ban order
- Protests call for U.S. immigrants to stay home from work, school
- Trump avoids commitment to two-state solution in meeting with Netanyahu
Houston hospital “shooting” false alarmHOUSTON- Police swarmed a Houston hospital on Tuesday after reports of a shooting but found no evidence any weapon had been fired and said no one was injured in the incident.
- NYPD investigates Facebook threats to Palestinian American activist Linda Sarsour
- Active shooter reported at major Houston hospital
- FBI investigating death threats against Muslims in North Carolina
- Facebook Live captures fatal shooting of Chicago toddler
- FBI arrests White supremacist inspired by Charleston shooter
- Tennessee man who planned attack on New York mosque escapes terror charges
- Dearborn Heights man pleads guilty to killing his four children
Syrian films bring tears and smiles to Berlin Film FestivalBERLIN —One drops you-trapped and powerless-in the middle of a civil war, while the other uses humor to depict what's it like to start a new life in Europe.
- Poet Nathalie Handal: A global citizen rooted in Palestine
- Palestinian artist reflects homeland’s struggles
- Local Arab actor closing the curtains on stereotypical roles in Hollywood
- Actress Kathy Najimy to lead hijab march during Trump’s inauguration
- “Patriots Day” criticized for portrait of Bomber's wife, Muslims
- Pop star Katy Perry defends Muslims in newly produced video
- Female martial arts fighter wears hijab to empower women
E-Cigarettes may lure teens who otherwise might not smokeE-cigarettes aren't tied to a decline in teen smoking and the devices may actually entice some youth who are unlikely to try traditional cigarettes, a U.S. study suggests.
- Health insurers quietly shape Obamacare replacement
- Maya Nassar seeks to expand fitness in Lebanon