Flint's Arab Americans directed to resources to deal with crisisArab residents are "all set" with filters, bottled water, testing kits and Arabic-language informational documents about lead poisoning, a community activist said.
- Flint and Detroit the most vacant U.S. cities
- Dearborn Heights residents demand solution to rat problem
- Snyder seeks $300 million for Flint water, Detroit schools
- WIC site in Dearborn’s Southend aims to assist Yemeni Americans
- Your social media behavior reflects on the entire community
- Social media campaign highlights Arab and Muslim contributions
- Tensions flare at City Council meeting in protest against Dearborn Police
We are not anti-ChaldeanWhen The Arab American News opposed the invasion of Iraq, some community members accused us of being anti-Shi'a and pro-Saddam. About a decade later, this charge resurfaced when we called for rethinking the Ashura procession.
- Clinton and the Democratic establishment: Interests and binding ties
- The cases of Abu-Rayyan and Hamdan: Words matter
Israel returns 134 goats to south Lebanon in 'bad condition'Israeli forces returned 134 goats to Lebanese farmers. The animals were in "bad condition," and Israeli authorities are still holding another 91, the state-run National News Agency reported.
- Russia: Syria conflict could unleash World War III
- In Yemen war, hospitals bombed to rubble, starvation spreads
Man pleads not guilty for planned mass shooting in MilwaukeeSamy Mohamed Hamzeh, 23, appeared in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, where he is charged with possession of two machineguns and a silencer, according to online court records. He was arrested last month.
- Justice Dept. sues Ferguson, Missouri, to force police reforms
- Trump, Sanders win in New Hampshire: networks
- U.S. judge deports Qatari military officer accused of enslaving servants
- U.S. intelligence chief warns of 'homegrown' security threat
- Law enforcement officials tighten security at Super bowl following Paris, San Bernardino
- Obama urges Americans to fight Islamophobia during first mosque visit
- First U.S. Zika virus transmission reported, attributed to sex
A San Bernardino shooting suspect identified as Syed FarookTwo law enforcement sources identified one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting as Syed Farook.
- Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in leg
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
Italian student found dead, tortured in EgyptCAIRO — The body of an Italian student who went missing in Cairo was found half naked by the roadside with cigarette burns and other signs of torture, a senior Egyptian prosecutor said on Thursday.
- Netanyahu accuses UN chief of encouraging terrorism
- Canada government to send 'tough message' to Israel as a 'good friend'
Beyoncé blasted by civil rights groups for possible Israel concerts
ISRAEL - Just days after a controversial Super Bowl performance, pop super star Beyonce is now under fire for planning to perform two concerts in Tel-aviv this summer.
- Mohammed Assaf to perform at charity concert in Dearborn
- Anger in Italy as nude statues covered for visiting Iranian president
Researchers find new Zika clues to birth defect in fetus studyCHICAGO — On Wednesday, Researchers reported new evidence strengthening the association between Zika virus and a spike in birth defects, citing the presence of the virus in the brain of an aborted fetus of a European woman who became pregnant while living in Brazil.
- U.S. on high alert for bird flu after Indiana poultry outbreak
- Sleeping in on weekends may help reduce diabetes risk