Mob of men assault Detroit liquor store owner, tell him to "move out"DETROIT (WJBK) - A mob of men vandalized property and terrorized a man at a liquor store in Detroit, beating up the owner and telling him to move out.
- Former Dearborn residents share why they moved away
- Why the former Dearborn city clerk is under investigation for embezzlement
- Jill Stein's Michigan vote recount request challenged by Trump and hiked costs
- Dearborn Heights police donate winter wear to school children
- New state rep. Jewell Jones is youngest in Michigan history
- Small business empowers refugee women and breaks employment barriers
- Arab teens sue Detroit Police officers in botched hooker sting
Build bridges, not wallsThe Lebanese authorities are building a wall around the country's largest Palestinian refugee camp. The one square kilometer (.385 mile) Ain Al-Hilweh is home to more than 80,000 refugees.
- Less symbolism, more action: Towards meaningful solidarity with Palestine
- What should Palestinians expect – can Trump be any worse?
Twelve detained after Turkish dormitory fire kills schoolgirlsISTANBUL — Police in southern Turkey detained 12 people on Wednesday and sought two others over a fire in a dormitory that killed 11 schoolgirls and one other person and injures 24 others, an official at the prosecutor's office handling the investigation said.
- Palestinian president seeks Trump support for independence
- Syrian government forces, rebels fight in southeast Aleppo
Texans surprise Muslims with solidarity demonstration at mosqueHOUSTON - Texans are rejecting the wave of Islamophoia that's been gaining traction across the country in recent months.
- Man arrested for attacking, threatening NYPD Muslim officer and son
- Three men attack Muslim girl on NYC subway
- "This is for Trump:" Florida man attacks Hispanic gas station attendant
- Ohio man arrested for shooting Muslim teen
- Breitbart news calls Kellogg cereal "un-American" after it stops advertising with them
- Las Vegas restaurant tells Muslim woman to remove her hijab
- New senate bill aims to ban anti-Israeli movement on college campuses
Family of brutally beaten Muslim teen: "Trump is causing hate in Canada"ONTARIO - The parents of a 15-year-old Muslim Canadian who was brutally beaten by two men with baseball bats, say they believe the attack might have been a hate crime, local CBC website reported.
- Ann Arbor Mosque receives hate letter from California
- Michigan has highest number of hate crimes in midwest post-elections
New hijab emojis likely to be added to smartphones next yearLONDON — Fifty-one new emojis are likely to appear on smartphones next year, including people wearing hijabs, women breastfeeding, characters with beards and emojis representing older people, after phone makers proposed the additions, according to The Telegraph.
- ASIYA designs sports hijab for Muslim women
- Arab American National Museum empowers women through filmmaking program
Fewer U.S. children lack access to healthcareAs a growing number of U.S. children have gained health insurance over the past decade, fewer kids are missing out on things like physicals and dental exams, a recent study suggests.
- Smartphone screen time leads to poorer sleep
- Libraries can be a health benefit for people most at risk