Business owners urged to attend smoking lounge study session before ordinance finalizedDEARBORN — Local business owners are urged to attend a smoking lounge meeting being held by city officials on Tuesday, February 3 at 7.p.m. at the Dearborn Administrative Center.
- Iraqi couple has plans for newly purchased dealership
- Arab Americans committed to combating pollution
- Arab American selected to represent USA Rugby Sevens National team in Wellington, New Zealand
- Army veteran visits Dearborn, discovers it'a not under sharia law
- Kuwait arrests activists over anti-Saudi tweets
- GM honors Sammy Cheaito as a top sales consultant for GMC for 2014
- Reactions to local woman's lawsuit highlights extreme Islamophobia
Dubai airport becomes the busiest in the worldDUBAI — Dubai airport has soared ahead of London's Heathrow, riding a boom in long-haul flights between Asia and the West to become the world's top international travel hub, UAE airport authorities said Tuesday.
- Saudi king orders payout to state employees, reshuffles cabinet
- Attacks kill 26 Egyptian soldiers
Pope Francis on Charlie Hebdo: There are limits to free speechMANILA — Pope Francis on Thursday condemned killing in God's name but warned religion could not be insulted, weighing into a global debate on free speech ahead of a rapturous welcome in the Philippines.
- Russia advises Syrian opposition leaders to attend Moscow talks
- Paris attack reminds Arab cartoonists of dangers at home
- Canada Parliament gunman had planned to travel to Syria
- South American leadrers stand with Gaza, Bolivia declares Israel ‘terrorist state’
- Malaysian airliner downed in Ukraine war zone, 295 reported dead
- NSA may be putting Israeli security interests above U.S., new document reveals
- US accuses Israel of ‘alarming, even terrifying’ levels of spying
Dearborn Heights teen wins first place in national essay contestDEARBORN HEIGHTS — Zeina Condon, a 17-year-old Lebanese American senior at Dearborn High School, won first place in the Voice of Democracy essay contest.
- Blizzard pounds U.S. northeast
- Professor sues school for dismissing him over anti-Israeli remarks
Local and state election resultsBelow are the results for this year's local and state elections.
- Senator-elect Peters: We want to increase minimum wage
- Victorious Snyder: It is time to get more done
- Judicial candidate Tony Guerriero passionate about Dearborn
- Oakland County Commission candidate is diversity champion
- Michigan Supreme Court candidate Bill Murphy: A seat on the court should not come with a ‘for sale’ sign
- Voter registration deadline is Oct. 6
- New faces vie for school board seats in crowded election
Gauging outrage: Media and the aftermath of the Paris attacksAppropriately, thousands of comics have been published in response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier this month. One of the most striking ones I’ve seen so far depicts the gunmen as they fire at the magazine’s office; their bullets burst through the building, out the back, and riddle holes in the minaret of a mosque in the distance.
- Sayed Qazwini went too far
- Benjamin Netanyahu: The anti-American obstructionist
Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakersDETROIT — Filmmakers have been increasingly capturing Michigan’s unique ambiance with the help of a diverse group of locals— both in front of and behind the camera— since the state approved a film incentive in 2008.
- 'Arab Idol' breaks isolation of Israel’s Palestinian citizens
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Dearborn robber still at largeDEARBORN — On Jan. 22 a CVS pharmacy in Dearborn was robbed after the suspect approached the counter with a gun demanding money from the cash register.
- Eastpointe woman charged with murder for throwing baby in dumpster
- Five-year-old Detroit boy shot in face, loses an eye
Steps to prepare for severe winterLANSING — With the arrival of winter weather, Michigan residents are encouraged to make emergency preparedness a priority.
- 10 healthy dessert... and they're tasty too
- Five practices to prevent the sun from damaging your skin