Muslim man accused of trying to establish campground to train terroristsDETROIT—Nayef Salha, a Dearborn resident was denied a permit to establish a campground in northern Michigan after neighbors accused him of trying to use it to train terrorists.
- Registered voters encouraged to cast ballots in Aug. 4 elections
- Muslim group offers condolences to families of Chattanooga victims
- Yemeni businessman competes in Hamtramck City Council race
- Attorney Zeina S. Djurovski joins Gary Peter’s staff
- Local experts share thoughts on Iran nuclear agreement
- New charter school dedicated to preserving culture of Iraq’s indigenous people
- Tired of media bias, more Arab Americans are becoming journalists
Where the presidency is headedBefore the ins and outs of the 2016 presidential contest become a preoccupation for many of us, it seems a good time to step back and look at the office of the presidency for which so many candidates are vying.
- Camps for Arabs and Muslims?
- The economic upshot of the Iran deal
Another ceasefire fails in YemenYemen's Houthi group carried on fighting across Yemen on Monday despite a ceasefire announcement by its Saudi-led foes, and media controlled by the Iran-allied movement acknowledged that its forces had shelled targets inside Saudi Arabia.
- The garbage scandal in Lebanon: Another catastrophe of a failed system
- The Iran nuclear agreement: A chance for Arab-Iranian reconciliation
Obama dines with Kenyan family after arriving in father's homelandU.S. President Barack Obama dined with his step grandmother, his sister and other extended family members after arriving in Kenya for his first presidential visit to his father's homeland on Friday.
- WSJ: White House to release Israeli spy Pollard
- At least six U.S. states move to arm National Guard offices
- Flag dispute triggers clash at South Carolina capitol
- South Carolina church shooting suspect to face U.S. hate crime charges
- FBI says still not known if Tennessee shooting suspect was radicalized
- U.S. officials accuse Oregon imam of hiding militant past
- Muslim woman photographed with paintball gun causes scare in New York
Four plead guilty in death of Westland womanWestland — Four men pled guilty Monday in the fatal beating death of a Westland woman whose body was dumped along a road in Dearborn Heights six months ago.
- Happy Pizza’s founder to serve four years in prison
- Four arrested in unarmed Dearborn bank robbery
- Mom who stored dead children in freezer has “no remorse”
- Three men charged with manufacturing and distributing fake 5-hour energy drinks
- Dearborn Heights resident charged with neighbor’s murder
- Family of 20-year-old fatally shot by ICE agent speaks out
- Third U of M fraternity member arraigned in resort vandalism
World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furiousVIENNA — Iran and six major world powers reached a nuclear deal on Tuesday, capping more than a decade of negotiations with an agreement that could transform the Middle East.
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
- The Iran nuclear deal is brewing, Saudi Arabia is boiling
Legendary actor Omar sharif diesActor Omar Sharif, best known for his portrayal of Doctor Zhivago in the hit 1966 film and for his work in "Lawrence of Arabia", died of a heart attack on Friday. He was 83.
- Activism through art brought to light at community forum
- The ‘evil eye’ and the power of Turkish coffee readings in the Muslim community
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safetyDETROIT — This past weekend, Michigan experienced its third largest snowfall since 1880, forcing residents to head outdoors to clear driveways and walkways.
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening
- Steps to prepare for severe winter