Peters, Dingell stand with Michigan Muslims as Trump clinches GOP nominationSenator Gary Peters (D-Michigan) and U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell (D- Dearborn) voiced support for their Arab and Muslim constituents as Republican speakers were to hyping fear at the convention in Cleveland.
- Detroit blight removal plan tears down 10,000th vacant house
- 'Southpaw Prince' aims to become first Iraqi-American boxing champ
Our endorsementsThis election season has been marred by negative campaigning and "dark" turns. But that should not discourage you from participating in the Aug. 2 primaries. Voters will decide on several judicial, legislative and county races.
- Susan Dabaja is not keeping it civil
- 9/11: 28 Pages Later
Muslim woman befriends frightened passengerA Muslim woman took to Facebook to describe her encounter with a woman who was too terrified to sit beside her on a plane after she texted the world ‘Allah’.
- German-Iranian gunman kills at least nine in Munich shopping mall
- Saudia Arabia denies reports that it banned Pokemon-Go for being 'haram'
- Pakistan to pass law against 'honor' killings in weeks
- Syrian opposition calls for suspension of U.S.-led air strikes after civilian casualties
- Erdogan declares state of emergency after coup bid
- "Moderate" Syrian rebels behead child in gruesome video
- U.S.-led airstrikes kill dozens of civilians in Syria
Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mateHillary Clinton named U.S. Senator Tim Kaine as her running mate on Friday, making a safe choice that will help her present the Democratic ticket as a steady alternative to the unpredictable campaign of Republican presidential rival Donald Trump.
- Muslim cop being hailed a hero for reacting swiftly to fake bomb
- Trump vows law and order if elected, sharply criticizes Clinton
- Obama holds eid reception, defends Muslims
- Indian man mistaken as Muslim, beaten outside restaurant
- Trump employee apologizes for Melania speech 'chaos'
- Man surrenders after tossing fake bomb into police van in Manhattan
- American Airlines flight attendant tells Muslim passenger "I'll be watching you"
Four children found dehydrated and malnourished in Detroit homeDETROIT - Police removed four children from a Detroit home after they were left alone on Tuesday.
- Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-ins
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
Daesh Girl: A film about loveNEW YORK — In the global fight against terrorism, drowning in the noise of political rhetoric, fear-inducing news and bullet-firing drones, an arguably more effective – and certainly a creative – method of uniting people in the muddled battle against extremism is film.
- Muhammad Ali, boxing icon, dead at 74
- Muslim rapper Belly & The Weeknd cancel TV performance over Trump
Pediatricians encourage sex ed at doc's office, home and schoolChildren and adolescents should receive age-appropriate and evidence-based education about sex and sexuality from pediatricians, schools, professionals and parents,according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- The murky role of mental illness in extremism, terror
- Butter not tied to heart disease