Potholes harm residents, challenge city, county and state agenciesDEARBORN — Grey and covered with holes, Michigan roads resemble the surface of the moon. The holes on the moon are called craters. They are caused by the collision of asteroids and comets with its surface. The holes on our roads are potholes caused by an extreme winter.
- ACC behavioral health division making life easier for displaced refugees
- South end residents urged to attend Mar. 19 meeting regarding changes to Severstal factory
- Metro Detroit’s Arab Christians begin observing holy period of Lent
- Debated garage ordinance passes, city to settle 150 flooding claims
- Dearborn High alum scores first goal for Lebanon
- Upcoming events honor the lives of Gabrielle and Alexander Mansour
- March is the last month to enroll in Obamacare, community-based signup locations available
Netanyahu shape-shifts Iran realityBenjamin Netanyahu’s tiresome vilification of Iran has taken on the characteristics of a rote obsession that diverges farther and farther from truth, reality and his own ostensible objective.
- UAE sentences Qatari doctor to seven years in prison for ties to the Brotherhood
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE recall envoys in rift with Qatar, Doha vows "not to bow to pressure"
Israel and Saudi Arabia’s priorities in SyriaCurrent developments both inside and outside of Syria have shown that the primary sponsors of the extremist-dominated insurgency – namely, the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Israel and Turkey – aren’t quite ready to throw in the towel.
- World powers and Iran make 'good start' towards nuclear accord
- Will Tunisia be a model for political reform in the Arab world?
Bin Laden son-in-law goes on trial in U.S. on terrorism chargesNEW YORK — Suleiman Abu Ghaith, a son-in-law of Osama bin Laden, went on trial in New York on Monday, becoming one of the highest-profile defendants to face terrorism charges in the United States.
- Los Angeles moves to ban e-cigarettes, joining NY, Chicago
- New federal budget includes $1.5 billion for Syria and neighbors
- U.S. Supreme Court declines immigration cases
- U.S. Senate Democrats block Obama's nominee for civil rights lawyer
- Google ordered to remove anti-Islamic film from YouTube
- Second wave of retired cops and firefighters arrested over 9/11 fraud charges
- MPAC: Court ruling in favor of NYPD surveillance threatens civil liberties
Rising Democrat David Knezek eyes State Senate seatDEARBORN HEIGHTS — There is no doubt that David Knezek is a rising star in Michigan's political landscape. As the youngest Democratic state representative in a Republican-dominated house, he had a noteworthy year, becoming one of the few in his party to successfully pass a bill.
- Phil Cavanagh announces campaign for Wayne County Executive
- Westland Mayor Bill Wild discusses Wayne County CEO candidacy, pledges to implement business experience if elected
- Community activist to run for State House
- Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence announces candidacy for 14th Congressional District
- Phil Cavanagh to officially announce candidacy for Wayne County Executive this month
- Rashida Tlaib raises funds for state senate campaign
- Secretary of State proposes tough disclosure rules for campaign ads
Arab Americans! Join the rainbow!We Arab Americans are in the midst of a civil rights movement. Profiling and discrimination are rampant. We are victims of debasement in the media on a daily basis. While we can find similarities between our struggle and the struggles of other minority groups, our situation is a bit more distinctive.
- State of Fordson High School
- Arab business owners in Detroit bear responsibilities
HFCC aims to establish art history study abroad program by offering trip to MoroccoDEARBORN — Henry Ford Community College (HFCC) has collaborated with The Arab American Foundation for Multicultural Education and Students' Understanding (ARAMFO) to launch a study abroad course that will take a two week trip to Morocco this spring.
- Katy Perry's Egyptian themed music video angers Muslims, responds by removing 'Allah' symbol
- "Karama Has No Walls" offers powerful and touching glimpse into Yemen’s Friday of Dignity
- "The Square": The revolution's idealism attacked with bullets and politics
- “Omar” depicts a harsh, but accurate reality of Palestine
- The savage poem
- Sphinx Organization hosts conference dedicated to furthering diversity in the arts
- New book features collection of passages from popular stand-up comedian’s blog, “The Civil Arab”
Police seek information regarding serious assault incidentDearborn — Dearborn police are seeking the public's help to identify the perpetrators of a knife attack against a Southfield resident on Sunday, Feb. 16.
- Identity thief arrested
- Phone scammers posing as police officers
- Four bank robber suspects arraigned in Taylor
- Sketch of suspect responsible for Troy gas station clerk’s slaying released
- Dearborn Police seek public’s help finding suspect responsible for stabbing
- Facebook threat against local church lands man in prison
- 26-year-old arrested in connection to hooting of Dearborn resident
Hand sanitizers... 8 reasons you should think before using themHand sanitizer is a boon for many. All you have to do is take out this little bottle of this viscous liquid, squeeze a bit on your hand, rub them together and you are good to go.
- Flu is hospitalizing and killing more young adults this season
- Selfless love turns off brain's reward area, researchers say