Western Union responds to Dearborn residents’ discrimination complaintDEARBORN - Following a complaint against the Western Union by the Arab American Civil Rights League (ACRL) that alleged it was discriminating against Arab and Muslim customers, the money-transfer giant has issued an apology on at least one case.
- Michigan Mayor under fire after suspected discriminatory recordings revealed
- Yemen's Temporary Protection Status prevails
Enough fearmongering: Only one Democratic state is possibleLong before December 28, when Secretary of State, John Kerry took the podium at the Dean Acheson Auditorium in Washington DC to pontificate on the uncertain future of the two-state solution and the need to save Israel from itself, the subject of a Palestinian state has been paramount.
- Congress sabotaging peace, U.S. foreign policy
- What Rafsanjani's death means for the Islamic Republic
Palestinian teen fatally shot in the chest by Israeli soldiersBETHLEHEM ― A Palestinian teen was fatally shot by Israeli soldiers during fire clashes in a village near Bethlehem, on Monday.
- Istanbul nightclub shooter who killed 39 caught
- Tunisian police fire tear gas at protesters demanding jobs
Trump meets with Martin Luther King IIINEW YORK- On Monday, President-elect Donald Trump met with Martin Luther King III to discuss voting rights at Trump Tower after spending the weekend arguing with civil rights activist and U.S. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga).
- Delta employees to receive diversity training
- Suspected Florida airport shooter inspired by Islamic State
Man arrested in death of Saudi studentMADISON, Wis. — A Minnesota man with a string of domestic violence convictions was charged in the death of a Saudi Arabian college that occurred last October.
- Jordanian cousins murdered during robbery had come to the U.S. for a better life
- Detroit crimes decrease, with a slight increase in homicides
- Woman threatens people leaving Kentwood Islamic Center
- Ohio business owner murdered on Christmas eve
- Former Michigan State University athlete sues gymnastics doctor, school for sexual abuse
- 6 men charged in connection with stolen cellphones operation
- Muslim woman forgives woman who smashed beer-mug in her face
“Patriots Day” criticized for portrait of Bomber's wife, MuslimsHOLLYWOOD - “Patriots Day,” starring Mark Walberg, detailing the events of the Boston bombing in April 2013, is under fire.
- Pop star Katy Perry defends Muslims in newly produced video
- Female martial arts fighter wears hijab to empower women
- Actor Kal Penn donates $25,000 to Palestinian refugees after winning “Celebrity Masterchef”
- Janet Jackson and Qatari husband welcome baby son Essa
- Saudi Arabia music video causes firestorm
- Locals pay homage to homeland at Marcel Khalife concert
- TV chef speaks at 'Dinner With Your Muslim Neighbor' event
Right and wrong ways to address the drug cost Conundrum
Americans are gearing up for higher health care costs in 2017.
Average monthly insurance premiums for popular plans on Healthcare.gov, the major Obamacare exchange, are slated to rise by 25 percent. Some consumers will see their health insurance premiums double.
- Obesity, diabetes prevalent in Arab American communities
- Gun laws, mental health spending tied to fewer school shootings