Property values rise in DearbornThe value of residential property rose 6.7 percent in Dearborn from 2015 to 2016 as the city completed a detailed, multi-year reassessment of properties. However, residents will see only a negligible increase in property taxes due to the reassessment.
- Dearborn Heights man allegedly supported ISIS, planned to attack a church
- Muslim Americans weigh in on Obama’s mosque visit
- Shooting near Masonic Temple disrupts homeless feeding
- Fighting over the tab: Is Arab generosity at odds with mainstream culture?
- Abdullah Hammoud announces bid for 15th District state rep. seat
- Detroit Public Schools' emergency manager to step down
- Michigan emails show officials knew of Flint water disease risk
Drug addiction: Denial prevents the cureThis community has a problem. And the first step toward solving it is to acknowledge it.
- Hunger striking Palestinians: When starvation is a weapon
- What the decade-long siege has done to Gaza
In Yemen war, hospitals bombed to rubble, starvation spreadsElderly Hamama Yousif was rushed to the main hospital in one of Yemen's largest cities after an artillery round lashed her chest with shrapnel, only to find that the doctors there had run out of the oxygen tanks needed to save her life.
- U.S. general: ISIS unlikely to be pushed out of Mosul this year
- Lebanese army kills 6, arrests 16 ISIS members
Trump, Sanders win in New Hampshire: networksNEW HAMPSHERE - Billionaire businessman Donald Trump won New Hampshire's Republican presidential nominating contest on Tuesday, while U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont won the Democratic primary over Hillary Clinton, U.S. television networks said after early results.
- U.S. judge deports Qatari military officer accused of enslaving servants
- U.S. intelligence chief warns of 'homegrown' security threat
- Law enforcement officials tighten security at Super bowl following Paris, San Bernardino
- Obama urges Americans to fight Islamophobia during first mosque visit
- First U.S. Zika virus transmission reported, attributed to sex
- Ted Cruz calls Iowa victory a win for Judeo-Christian values
- ISIS-linked hacker makes first appearance in federal court
A San Bernardino shooting suspect identified as Syed FarookTwo law enforcement sources identified one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting as Syed Farook.
- Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in leg
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
Italian student found dead, tortured in EgyptCAIRO — The body of an Italian student who went missing in Cairo was found half naked by the roadside with cigarette burns and other signs of torture, a senior Egyptian prosecutor said on Thursday.
- Netanyahu accuses UN chief of encouraging terrorism
- Canada government to send 'tough message' to Israel as a 'good friend'
Mohammed Assaf to perform at charity concert in DearbornPalestinian singer Mohammed Assaf will perform in a charity concert at Fordson High School on March 4.
- Anger in Italy as nude statues covered for visiting Iranian president
- Arab American rapper slams Trump in new song
- Celine Dion's husband, René Angélil, dies after cancer battle
- Mr. Robot creator says “Shukran" to family after Golden Globe Award
- Dolce & Gabbana launches line of hijabs and abayas
- Model Gigi Hadid: ‘I’m half Palestinian and proud of it’
- NFL Player Oday Aboushi calls out Donald Trump's anti-Muslim policies
U.S. on high alert for bird flu after Indiana poultry outbreakCHICAGO — In the two weeks since bird flu reappeared in Indiana, Veterinarians have swabbed the mouths of chickens and turkeys across the country, racing to uncover any more infections and contain the virus before it causes mass death and damage like last year.
- Sleeping in on weekends may help reduce diabetes risk
- New U.S. diet rules would take 20 percent bite out of American sugar use