Dearborn enforces 2 a.m. hookah lounge curfew as Ramadan approachesDEARBORN — Customers looking to spend their summer nights smoking hookah until the early morning may need to go elsewhere, as the city has begun to enforce a strict 2 a.m. curfew for all Dearborn hookah lounges.
- Dr. Ola: Syrian American graduates from medical school at 21
- Dearborn public safety members honored by service clubs
Sykes-Picot, 100 years later: Redrawing the mapsA century has passed since the Sykes-Picot Agreement was struck. The geopolitical madness in the Middle East indicates that the region is heading toward more fragmentation. The 100-year-old plan to control the Arab world is still at work to divide what has already been divided.
- Dearborn DPW's shady work
- On Nakba and other catastrophes
Father of Lebanese soldier killed by Nusra admits revenge murder on TVThe father of a Lebanese soldier kidnapped and killed by al-Qaeda's Syrian wing said on television on Tuesday that he had killed the nephew of a man he accused of being involved in the murder and had dumped the body near his son's grave.
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in coastal Syrian cities
- ISIS suicide bombing kills 40 army recruits in Aden
New York man arrested for ‘providing support to Islamic State’NEW YORK - A former plumbing assistant from New York City was arrested on Tuesday and charged with providing material support to Islamic State by trying to help an undercover law enforcement official travel to Syria to fight with the militant group.
- Republican senator apologizes to Muslims from deathbed
- Bullying against Muslims reaches an all-time high at schools
Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-insDEARBORN — On Tuesday May 4, at approximately 3:30am, Dearborn Police Officers observed a suspicious occupied vehicle in the area of Hollywood and Ash and established surveillance on the vehicle.
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
- FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
Muslim states block gay groups from U.N. AIDS meetingUNITED NATIONS - A group of 51 Muslim states has blocked 11 gay and transgender organizations from attending a high-level meeting at the United Nations next month on ending AIDS, sparking a protest by the United States, Canada and the European Union.
- Tunisian ambassador to U.S.: Democracy in Tunisia is irreversible
- Reebok cancels shoes celebrating Israel's independence
Library cardholders offered discounted and free passes to Michigan parksLANSING — Library card holders statewide can once again get free or discounted access to hundreds of Michigan's state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas through the second annual Michigan Activity Pass program.
- Rima Fakih’s star-studded Lebanon wedding
- Rapper 2 Chainz releases bold video defending Muslims
Michigan starts campaign against mental health stigmaDETROIT — One in five young people between the ages of 14 and 24 will experience mental illness. Left untreated, it can cause bigger problems later on.
- Addicts using deadly doses of anti-diarrhea medicine to get high
- Michigan health officials urge vaccination as chickenpox cases increase