Shatila Bakery expands with second location in West BloomfieldWEST BLOOMFIELD — Shatila Bakery has expanded with a second location that recently opened in West Bloomfield.
- Arab International Festival cancelled for second year in a row
- Lebanese high school robots team looks to continue success in U.S. competition
- Community commemorates Qana massacres in Dearborn
- High School student club to address substance abuse at banquet
- Law corner: GM Class Action Suits Rolling Along
- Dearborn police execute search warrant at the wrong house, ADC demands investigation
- Kravat Menswear brings Euro-English fashion to Dearborn
Iraqi female candidates and the yearning for a civil stateBAGHDAD — The coming Iraqi parliamentary election cycle, scheduled for April 30, is marked by an intensive presence of female candidates on the different lists of Iraqi political blocs. Of 9,032 candidates seeking a parliament seat, 2,607 are women.
- The Saudi-Brotherhood divide
- Bahrain expels representative of Sayyed Sistani
- Jordan amends anti-terror law to curb Jihadist threat
- Syria sets date for presidential election
- Lebanese Parliament fails to elect president in first round
- Palestinian rivals sign agreement for unity government, Israel suspends peace talks
- Turkey's Erdogan offers condolences for 1915 Armenia killings
Muslim 'Happy' YouTube video goes viral, spawns negative reactionsPharrell's "Happy" is currently the number one song in the country. Its video - featuring a bunch of happy people dancing and clapping in different locations around LA - is really easy to copy, so there are loads of tributes and parodies on YouTube.
- Criminal Court a U.S.-Israeli “red line” for Palestinians
- UWindsor students put controversial Israel boycott on the back burner
- Russia stands strong against U.S. sanctions; places entry ban on American lawmakers and officals
- Israel and Saudi Arabia’s priorities in Syria
- World powers and Iran make 'good start' towards nuclear accord
- Will Tunisia be a model for political reform in the Arab world?
- UN, Syrian government reach agreement over besieged Homs
Democrats need ethnic voters to win in NovemberIn this November's mid-term elections, the Democratic Party will be focused on winning back the governorships and legislatures in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Court deals blow to US administration on drone attacks
Ficano kicks off reelection campaign, vows to lead and strengthen county in the next four yearsDETROIT — Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano kicked off his reelection campaign Monday at the IBEW Local 58 in Detroit. Mike Richard, head of IBEW Local 58, introduced Ficano, calling him “a great friend of labor.”
- Dearborn Board of Education President Hussein Berry to run for State Representative in 9th House District
- Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano to announce re-election campaign
- Palestinian American activist Yusif Barakat seeks U.S. Senate seat
- Debbie Dingell holds fundraiser in Dearborn, vows to promote diversity
- Julie Plawecki runs for state representative in Michigan’s 11th House District
- Tony Guerriero announces candidacy for Dearborn 19th District Court Judge
- State Representatives back young activist Rashid Baydoun’s bid for public office
Triumph of the immigrant American spirit: Meb Keflezighi and the Boston MarathonBoston responded on Monday, April 21, with its vigorous spirit of community and transcendence to the cowardly terrorism that marred the Boston Marathon in 2013, coming out in record numbers for the 2014 event.
- Let us not forget Qana and the victims of terrorism
- Are Chaldeans Arabs too? I hope so!
AASA holds conference at the Arab American National MuseumDEARBORN — The Arab American Studies Association (AASA) held its inaugural triennial conference at the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn last weekend, April 4-6.
- ABC Family Pulls Plug On 'Alice In Arabia' Pilot
- Several Arab countries ban Hollywood movie "Noah"
- HFCC aims to establish art history study abroad program by offering trip to Morocco
- Katy Perry's Egyptian themed music video angers Muslims, responds by removing 'Allah' symbol
- "Karama Has No Walls" offers powerful and touching glimpse into Yemen’s Friday of Dignity
- "The Square": The revolution's idealism attacked with bullets and politics
- “Omar” depicts a harsh, but accurate reality of Palestine
Justice delayed for victims of sexual assault, as thousands of rape kits go untestedDETROIT — About five years ago, 11,000 abandoned rape evidence kits were found in a Detroit Police warehouse. Since then, only close to 2,000 of them have been tested. As thousands go untested, justice for victims of rape is delayed.
- Detroit Police find infant alive in home with dead mother
- Dearborn police seek help identifying bank robber
- Detroit residents charged with breaking and entering in Dearborn
- Funeral of murdered store owner held Wednesday in Southfield
- Assistant principal charged with felony home invasion; facing counts of stalking and domestic violence
- Multiple home invasion suspect arrested
- Twenty-four year old Dearborn resident, Shaker Hassoon charged with multiple crimes
Suicide: The warning signsSuicide has been recently described as an "epidemic." But what goes on in the mind of a person in the time leading up to his suicide attempt often sounds similar to this:
- The Five reasons people attempt suicide
- Four things that may help you maintain digestive balance