Dearborn Police Union slams chief for bringing in the fedsThe Dearborn Police Union is criticizing Chief Ronald Haddad for involving the federal government in the affairs of the department, a memo obtained by The Arab American News revealed.
- Becker Elementary students lead charitable efforts for refugee family
- Visteon leader Husein Dakroub aims to motivate young engineers
- Community celebrates passing of $35 million Crestwood School District bond
- Trump supporter attacks Muslim woman at D.C. Starbucks
- Local Arab actor lands key role in new "Criminal Minds" spin-off
- Iranian Americans: Rich culture, common challenges
- Survey reveals turmoil within Dearborn Police Department
Answers needed from the Dearborn Police DepartmentAs journalists, our responsibility is not to fix the government, but to point out the areas that need repairs. We can't patch the potholes in the streets. However, we can raise concerns about decaying roads.
- Superdelegates from the Middle Eastern perspective
- Failed Abbas is derided and scapegoated
Yemen peace talks resume following world pressureKUWAIT — Yemen's warring factions agreed on an agenda for U.N.-backed peace negotiations, delegates said, following heavy pressure from world powers.
- ISIS turns to selling fish, cars to offset oil losses
- U.N. council voices alarm at Israeli statements on Golan Heights
FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
ANN ARBOR - The FBI has arrested a man suspected of spraying food with a mouse poison mixture around Ann-Arbor grocery stores.
The FBI said a tip from the public led to the suspect, whom they haven’t identified.
- Canton Urgent Care doctor charged with 22 counts of fraud
- Hunt for suspects in Ohio execution-style murder spree enters second day
U.N. urges Obama, Putin to save Syria truceGENEVA — The United Nations mediator called on the leaders of the United States and the Russian Federation to salvage the "barely alive" two-month-old ceasefire in Syria and revitalize the damaged peace process.
- Leicester's Mahrez named player of the year in England
- Court rules Norway violated terrorist Breivik's human rights
Amal Clooney slams Donald Trump
Amal Clooney, the British-Lebanese human rights attorney who has been married to Hollywood actor George Clooney since 2014, says populist GOP frontrunner Trump doesn’t represent “U.S. values.”
- Muslim woman bakes Queen Elizabeth’s birthday cake
- Music icon Prince dead at 57
Study: Smoking worsens semen quality
A new review confirms that smoking has bad effects on a man's semen.
Using the most up-to-date definition of abnormal sperm from the World Health Organization, the researchers found that smokers have lower sperm counts, poorer sperm movement, and more irregularly shaped sperm than nonsmokers.
- Social media linked to addiction and depression
- Longer night fasting tied to reduced breast cancer recurrence