DTE substation fire in Dearborn leaves thousands with no power
A major fire that broke out Monday morning at a DTE Energy substation in Dearborn hand left over 6,000 people with no power.
- Refugees, ISIS drive community leaders’ discussion
- Wayne County to pay $395,000 to settle Azzam Elder case
- Son of local Beirut bombing victims to meet Christiano Ronaldo
- Rev. Wright voices support for Palestinians, calls for unity at ADC dinner
- Community commemorates terror victims
- A city on-edge: Dearborn residents on high alert following threats
- Detroit department directors highlight Arab Americans' role in the city
These critical times require unityWe live in critical times for our community, country and the world.Last week, terrorism struck mercilessly over three continents.
- On Syrian refugees: We cannot lose our values to fear
- Top 10 reasons governors are wrong to exclude Syrian refugees
ISIS says 'Schweppes bomb' used to bring down Russian planeISIS' official magazine carried a photo on Wednesday of a Schweppes soft drink can it said was used to make an improvised bomb that brought down a Russian airliner over Egypt's Sinai Peninsula last month, killing all 224 people on board.
- 'Spider in web' mastermind of Paris attacks killed in raid
- Blast at market in northeastern Nigeria kills 32
Police arrest two in shooting of Minnesota Black Lives Matter protestersMinneapolis police said on Tuesday they have arrested a 23-year-old white man in relation to the shooting of five people near a city police station where demonstrators have gathered for more than a week to protest the killing of an unarmed black man by officers.
- Driver attempts to run over Muslim woman in Cincinnati
- Man charged for leaving fake bomb at Virginia mosque
- Two men blocked from boarding Southwest plane because of box of baklava
- Calls for U.S. troops to fight ISIS misguided, say experts
- Dearborn woman on delayed Spirit flight: Airline didn’t racially profile
- Mayor against Syrian refugees cites WWII internment of Japanese Americans
- Spirit under fire after removing four Middle Eastern passengers from plane
Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in legDEARBORN― According to police, two men robbing Dearborn Coney Island at dusk on Nov. 24 shot an employee in the leg.
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
- Suspect arraigned for holding teenager hostage at knife point
Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying the jet had violated its airspace.
- Europe's first female suicide bomber
- Canadian man dressed as ‘Joker’ threatens to Kill Muslims
Royal refugees: artist comments on Syrian crisisPaintings by artist Nada Odeh juxtapose figures of fairy tales and royalty with refugee camps
- DIA preserves Middle Eastern art with revamped gallery
- Community reading program focused on Edgar Allan Poe launches this week
UNICEF: Cholera spreads from Iraq to Syria, Kuwait, BahrainA cholera outbreak in Iraq has spread to neighboring Syria, Kuwait and Bahrain and risks turning into a region-wide epidemic as millions of pilgrims prepare to visit the country, UNICEF's Iraq director said.
- Pop linked to increased heart failure risk
- Most tobacco-using teens start with flavored products