Detroit FBI special agent in charge promotedDETROIT — Paul M. Abbate, special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit Division, was promoted to assistant director in charge of FBI Washington Field Office.
- Students can now take EMU classes at Henry Ford College
- Improved services attract more Arab Americans to Detroit, but challenges remain
- Police crack down on gas stations after business sells drug set-up kits
- Group seeks families to host exchange students from the Middle East
- Israeli diplomat: majority of American Jews support Iran nuclear deal
- ‘Harley Hijabi’ stirs social media discussion
- Land swap deal approved by Detroit City Council
Greater cooperation needed between police and businesses in DetroitExcessive ticketing of gas stations and liquor stores owners continues to be a problem in Detroit. Once again, business owners are receiving multiple tickets for not having the proper licenses, missing invoices and other suspected violations.
- Anti-Gulf bigotry is shameless
- I was barred from entering my homeland
Israeli settlers burn Palestinian baby to deathWEST BANK — An 18-month-old Palestinian boy has burned to death after Israeli settlers set fire to his family house in Duma village, south of Nablus city, in the occupied West Bank.
- ISIS car bomb kills four in Yemeni mosque
- Israel authorizes force-feeding of hunger-striking prisoners
Mass. man accused of plotting ‘Islamic State’ college bombing pleads not guiltyThe son of a Boston police captain arrested this month and accused of planning to bomb a college cafeteria on behalf of the Islamic State militant group pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to criminal charges.
- TSA chief vows to close security gaps at U.S. airports
- Women in the Niqab share experiences and struggles
Four plead guilty in death of Westland womanWestland — Four men pled guilty Monday in the fatal beating death of a Westland woman whose body was dumped along a road in Dearborn Heights six months ago.
- Happy Pizza’s founder to serve four years in prison
- Four arrested in unarmed Dearborn bank robbery
- Mom who stored dead children in freezer has “no remorse”
- Three men charged with manufacturing and distributing fake 5-hour energy drinks
- Dearborn Heights resident charged with neighbor’s murder
- Family of 20-year-old fatally shot by ICE agent speaks out
- Third U of M fraternity member arraigned in resort vandalism
World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furiousVIENNA — Iran and six major world powers reached a nuclear deal on Tuesday, capping more than a decade of negotiations with an agreement that could transform the Middle East.
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
- The Iran nuclear deal is brewing, Saudi Arabia is boiling
Legendary actor Omar sharif diesActor Omar Sharif, best known for his portrayal of Doctor Zhivago in the hit 1966 film and for his work in "Lawrence of Arabia", died of a heart attack on Friday. He was 83.
- Activism through art brought to light at community forum
- The ‘evil eye’ and the power of Turkish coffee readings in the Muslim community
Quick, healthy breakfast and lunch ideasSummer is flying by and soon it will be time for kids to swap summer activities for homework. With a new school year quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to start thinking of ways to integrate healthier foods into the school day—including breakfast and lunch— that the whole family will enjoy.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safety
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening