Arab Americans demonstrate in support of "You Stink" protestersDETROIT — Dozens of Arab Americans gathered in front of the Lebanese Consulate in Detroit, in solidarity with the anti-corruption "#YouStink" protesters in Lebanon.
- Local matchmaker offers dating tips
- Hundreds of Sterling Heights residents turn out to protest Mosque
More in-depth reporting on air pollution in Michigan's Wayne County could save livesDETROIT — Air pollution from industrial sources in Wayne County— especially in the low income ZIP codes— is linked to deaths and life-threatening respiratory diseases.
- Dearborn's most dangerous intersection is flashing again
- Israel’s thug at the UN
ISIS accused of launching chemical attack in IraqERBIL, Iraq — Kurdish authorities said on Tuesday they suspected a homemade rocket fired by ISIS at their peshmerga forces in northern Iraq contained chemical substances, accusing the terrorists of an increasing use of chemical weapons.
- ISIS shows images of ancient Syrian temple destruction
- Warring sides in Syria agree to local ceasefires
Virginia TV journalists killed by suspect with 'powder keg' of angerMONETA, VA. — Two television journalists were killed during a live broadcast in Virginia on Wednesday, shot by a suspect who was a former employee of the TV station and who called himself a "powder keg" of anger over what he saw as racial discrimination at work and elsewhere in the United States.
- White House fence jumper killed in Pennsylvania court attack
- Chelsea Manning found guilty of violating military prison rules
Rochester Hills man sentenced to life for beating parents to deathPONTIAC — A Rochester Hills who had beaten his elderly parents to death was sentenced Tuesday in Oakland Circuit Court to life without the possibility of parole.
- Suspect charged in slaying of Clinton Township party store owner
- Undercover Detroit police car stolen
Truck of up to 50 migrant corpses found in AustriaAs many as 50 refugees were found dead in a parked truck in Austria on Thursday, and another migrant ship sank off Libya, deepening a crisis that is overwhelming Europe and throwing up new tragedies by the day.
- World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furious
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
Breaking stereotypes, Arab rapper "Yung Tokes" pursues law degreeDearborn — In the classroom, Mohamad Tokko is an aspiring attorney; in the studio, he goes by "Yung Tokes", a hip hop artist with a message to pursue your dreams.
- Famed Egyptian actor Nour el-Sherif dies
- Legendary actor Omar sharif dies
- Activism through art brought to light at community forum
- The ‘evil eye’ and the power of Turkish coffee readings in the Muslim community
- Comedian Nemr: Laughter brings people together
- Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakers
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Women, minorities still underrepresented in medical specialtiesDiversifying the physician workforce may be key to addressing health disparities and inequities, Dr. Curtiland Deville of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, who worked on the study, said in an email.
- Study: Depression not contagious, but happiness spreads among friends
- Study: Walking while texting slows you down