Jesse Jackson to address refugee crisis at Dearborn town hall meetingDEARBORN - Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson, president of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, will weigh in on the Syrian refugee crisis at a town hall meeting in Dearborn on Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Woman escorted out of Dearborn Heights courthouse after ripping the Quran
- Arab Americans step up charitable efforts ahead of Thanksgiving
- Dearborn Mayor selected as new Michigan Municipal League Board President
- Khaled Beydoun named "Emerging Scholar" by higher education magazine
- Henry Ford College to offer first bachelor’s degree program
- Dave Abdallah sworn in as Dearborn Heights City Councilman
- AFL-CIO to renovate, sell vacant Detroit homes
When will our fellow Americans condemn extremismMuslim Americans are being attacked daily. Their houses of worship are being vandalized; their children are being targeted; their institutions are being demonized. The Republican presidential race has turned into a Muslim-bashing competition.
- Turkey’s downing of a Russian jet was an act of madness
- These critical times require unity
Russia and Turkey refuse to back down in row over jet downingRUSSIA — Russia sent an advanced missile system to Syria on Wednesday to protect its jets operating there and pledged its air force would keep flying missions near Turkish air space, sounding a defiant note after Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet.
- ISIS claims Yemen attack
- ISIS suicide bomber kills 12 in Tunisia
Obama tells Americans homeland is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travelWASHINGTON/NEW YORK - President Barack Obama sought to reassure Americans they are safe as millions of people traveled on Wednesday for the Thanksgiving holiday, with security heightened at airports, New York City's parade festivities and other venues after the Paris attacks.
- Boy donates money from his piggy bank to vandalized Mosque
- Ahmed ‘the clockboy’ demands $15 million in damages
- Police arrest two in shooting of Minnesota Black Lives Matter protesters
- Driver attempts to run over Muslim woman in Cincinnati
- Man charged for leaving fake bomb at Virginia mosque
- Two men blocked from boarding Southwest plane because of box of baklava
- Calls for U.S. troops to fight ISIS misguided, say experts
Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in legDEARBORN― According to police, two men robbing Dearborn Coney Island at dusk on Nov. 24 shot an employee in the leg.
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
- Suspect arraigned for holding teenager hostage at knife point
Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying the jet had violated its airspace.
- Europe's first female suicide bomber
- Canadian man dressed as ‘Joker’ threatens to Kill Muslims
Review: "In The Algerian", a would-be terrorist discovers compassion"Most of Algeria and the Middle East are trapped in history" while the U.S. is "a product of history."
- Royal refugees: artist comments on Syrian crisis
- DIA preserves Middle Eastern art with revamped gallery
Red meat linked to increased stroke risk
Red meat – but not other types of protein - is linked to an increased stroke risk, and the odds go up the more meat people eat, a recent study suggests.
- Michigan safest state to have prostate biopsy
- UNICEF: Cholera spreads from Iraq to Syria, Kuwait, Bahrain