Complaint filed against airline for placing Muslim flight attendant on leave of absenceThe Council on American-Islamic Relations of Michigan (CAIR-MI) filed a complaint with the the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission this week after ExpressJet Airlines placed a Detroit-based flight attendant on a leave of absence for objecting to serve alcohol based on her religious beliefs as a Muslim.
- Arab Americans demonstrate in support of "You Stink" protesters
- Local matchmaker offers dating tips
More in-depth reporting on air pollution in Michigan's Wayne County could save livesDETROIT — Air pollution from industrial sources in Wayne County— especially in the low income ZIP codes— is linked to deaths and life-threatening respiratory diseases.
- Dearborn's most dangerous intersection is flashing again
- Israel’s thug at the UN
ISIS attack kills 28 in Sanaa mosqueSANAA — ISIS's Yemen branch claimed responsibility for two bombings at a mosque in a northern district of the capital Sanaa that killed at least 28 people and wounded 75 on Wednesday.
- Twelve Syrians drown heading from Turkey to Greek island
- ISIS accused of launching chemical attack in Iraq
Virginia TV journalists killed by suspect with 'powder keg' of angerMONETA, VA. — Two television journalists were killed during a live broadcast in Virginia on Wednesday, shot by a suspect who was a former employee of the TV station and who called himself a "powder keg" of anger over what he saw as racial discrimination at work and elsewhere in the United States.
- White House fence jumper killed in Pennsylvania court attack
- Chelsea Manning found guilty of violating military prison rules
Suspect who shot gas station attendant in Westland arrestedWESTLAND — The suspect who shot a gas station employee in Westland last week was arrested in Bay City on Wednesday, Allie Berry, vice-president of Armada Oil & Gas Company, said.
- Rochester Hills man sentenced to life for beating parents to death
- Suspect charged in slaying of Clinton Township party store owner
Truck of up to 50 migrant corpses found in AustriaAs many as 50 refugees were found dead in a parked truck in Austria on Thursday, and another migrant ship sank off Libya, deepening a crisis that is overwhelming Europe and throwing up new tragedies by the day.
- World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furious
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
Poetry corner: The noteAs a part of its continuing effort to share a portion of the literary wealth of Arabic poetry with the English reader, The Arab American News translates a poem by Iraqi poet Ahmad Matar
- Breaking stereotypes, Arab rapper "Yung Tokes" pursues law degree
- Famed Egyptian actor Nour el-Sherif dies
Women, minorities still underrepresented in medical specialtiesDiversifying the physician workforce may be key to addressing health disparities and inequities, Dr. Curtiland Deville of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, who worked on the study, said in an email.
- Study: Depression not contagious, but happiness spreads among friends
- Study: Walking while texting slows you down