Ron Scott, renowned civil rights advocate, diesRon Scott, the founder of Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality, died of cancer on Sunday.
- Jesse Jackson to address refugee crisis at Dearborn town hall meeting
- Woman escorted out of Dearborn Heights courthouse after ripping the Quran
- Arab Americans step up charitable efforts for Thanksgiving
- Dearborn Mayor selected as new Michigan Municipal League Board President
- Khaled Beydoun named "Emerging Scholar" by higher education magazine
- Henry Ford College to offer first bachelor’s degree program
- Dave Abdallah sworn in as Dearborn Heights City Councilman
When will our fellow Americans condemn extremismMuslim Americans are being attacked daily. Their houses of worship are being vandalized; their children are being targeted; their institutions are being demonized. The Republican presidential race has turned into a Muslim-bashing competition.
- Turkey’s downing of a Russian jet was an act of madness
- These critical times require unity
Russia and Turkey refuse to back down in row over jet downingRUSSIA — Russia sent an advanced missile system to Syria on Wednesday to protect its jets operating there and pledged its air force would keep flying missions near Turkish air space, sounding a defiant note after Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet.
- ISIS suicide bomber kills 12 in Tunisia
- Yemen's Socotra burns two tons of qat after island bans drug
Trump drops 12 percentage points in pollU.S. presidential hopeful Donald Trump's support among Republicans has dropped 12 points in less than a week, marking the real estate mogul's biggest decline since he vaulted to the top of the field in July, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.
- At least three injured in shooting near Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood
- Obama tells Americans homeland is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
Robbers shoot Dearborn Coney Island employee in legDEARBORN― According to police, two men robbing Dearborn Coney Island at dusk on Nov. 24 shot an employee in the leg.
- Dearborn Heights pedestrian struck in fatal accident
- Suspect arraigned for holding teenager hostage at knife point
Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying the jet had violated its airspace.
- Europe's first female suicide bomber
- Canadian man dressed as ‘Joker’ threatens to Kill Muslims
Review: "In The Algerian", a would-be terrorist discovers compassion"Most of Algeria and the Middle East are trapped in history" while the U.S. is "a product of history."
- Royal refugees: artist comments on Syrian crisis
- DIA preserves Middle Eastern art with revamped gallery
Study: Men may eat more when women are watchingIf women are prone to “eat like a bird” when men are watching, men may be similarly programmed to “eat like a horse” when women are around, suggests a small U.S. study by behavioral scientists.
- Red meat linked to increased stroke risk
- Michigan safest state to have prostate biopsy