Dr. Ola: Syrian American graduates from medical school at 21It is said that all Arab parents want their children to be doctors.
- Dearborn public safety members honored by service clubs
- Local families face challenges in adopting Syrian refugee orphans
Sykes-Picot, 100 years later: Redrawing the mapsA century has passed since the Sykes-Picot Agreement was struck. The geopolitical madness in the Middle East indicates that the region is heading toward more fragmentation. The 100-year-old plan to control the Arab world is still at work to divide what has already been divided.
- Dearborn DPW's shady work
- On Nakba and other catastrophes
Bombs kill nearly 150 in coastal Syrian citiesBombs killed nearly 150 people and wounded at least 200 in Jableh and Tartous on Syria's Mediterranean coast on Monday in the government-controlled territory that hosts Russian military bases, monitors and state media said.
- ISIS suicide bombing kills 40 army recruits in Aden
- Extremists mobilize in Syria as peacemaking collapses
Republican senator apologizes to Muslims from deathbedUTAH - Bob Bennett, a former Republican senator from Utah who died earlier this month, spent his final days of life reaching out to Muslims at his hospital and apologizing for Donald Trump.
- Bullying against Muslims reaches an all-time high at schools
- Man sics his five dogs on Muslim neighbor’s toy dog
Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-insDEARBORN — On Tuesday May 4, at approximately 3:30am, Dearborn Police Officers observed a suspicious occupied vehicle in the area of Hollywood and Ash and established surveillance on the vehicle.
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
- FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
Muslim states block gay groups from U.N. AIDS meetingUNITED NATIONS - A group of 51 Muslim states has blocked 11 gay and transgender organizations from attending a high-level meeting at the United Nations next month on ending AIDS, sparking a protest by the United States, Canada and the European Union.
- Tunisian ambassador to U.S.: Democracy in Tunisia is irreversible
- Reebok cancels shoes celebrating Israel's independence
Library cardholders offered discounted and free passes to Michigan parksLANSING — Library card holders statewide can once again get free or discounted access to hundreds of Michigan's state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas through the second annual Michigan Activity Pass program.
- Rima Fakih’s star-studded Lebanon wedding
- Rapper 2 Chainz releases bold video defending Muslims
Michigan starts campaign against mental health stigmaDETROIT — One in five young people between the ages of 14 and 24 will experience mental illness. Left untreated, it can cause bigger problems later on.
- Addicts using deadly doses of anti-diarrhea medicine to get high
- Michigan health officials urge vaccination as chickenpox cases increase