Oakland County politicians smear Syrian refugeesWATERFORD TOWNSHIP — While those closely involved in the vetting process attest to its meticulousness, worries persist among local officials about the possibility of a Syrian wishing to inflict harm on American soil by slipping through the cracks of the procedure.
- The vetting process: Following the footsteps of a Syrian refugee
- YABA awards scholarships at 47th annual dinner
- Our endorsements: Vote on November 8
- Former ambassador Ed Gabriel encourages Arab Americans to vote for Clinton
- AAPAC rallies the vote, awards leaders at 19th annual banquet
- Islamic Center, ACCESS organize domestic violence awareness campaign
- Community looks for representation on Crestwood School Board
Muslims have a critical role in this electionWe are just days away from one of the most important presidential elections in American history – a contest that is important for all the wrong reasons. On Nov. 8, we are faced with two simple choices; a candidate who offers us all inclusion, and a candidate who offers us isolation.
- Denouncing Trump is not enough to challenge rising Islamophobia
- The battle for Mosul: Relocating terrorists to Raqqa is a dangerous game
“Afghan girl” in 1985 National Geographic detained for fake identity cards
PAKISTAN- The Afghan woman, once a 12-year-old green-eyed girl celebrated on National Geographic magazine’s cover in 1985, has been arrested in Pakistan for fraudulent identity papers.
- U.N. vows to press on with securing Aleppo evacuation operation
- Erdogan says Turkish offensive will push on for Raqqa
- U.N. peace plan for Yemen sidelines exiled president to symbolic role
- Study: Iraqis are world's most generous to strangers
- Violence flares in Turkey's southeast after Kurdish mayors' arrest
- Villagers forced to walk to Mosul as human shields for ISIS
- Syria government says Aleppo ceasefire started, promises 'safe exit'
Gun store won’t sell to Muslims, Clinton supportersPENNSYLVANIA - a Gun store owner in Jackson Center said that he does not feel safe selling guns to Muslims and Hillary Clinton supporters.
- FBI re-opens Clinton’s email investigation
- Lawmakers raise privacy concerns over new hacking rules
- U.S. charges 61 over India-based IRS scam
- Media companies want U.S. to force AT&T-Time Warner to share customer data
- Muslim family sues country club for rejecting their membership
- Muslim pilot sues for being fired without explanation
- Wikileaks emails reveals Netanyahu really really likes Hillary Clinton
Police seek assistance in death of gunned-downed driverDEARBORN — The Police Department is still asking for the public's assistance in obtaining information regarding the murder of Raymond Mshahwar, a 33 years-old Canton resident.
- Former Detroit City Council president pleads guilty to sex crimes
- Two Wisconsin men arrested for trying to join ISIS
Janet Jackson spotted wearing Islamic attireLONDON - Singer Janet Jackson was this week spotted in public for the first time since announcing her pregnancy - wearing full Islamic dress.
- Palestinian American YouTuber stars in ‘Madea’ movie
- Naked Hillary Clinton statue removed from New York street
STDs reach all time high in the U.S.
(CBS NEWS) - Rates ofin the United States continue to rise, and total combined cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis have reached the highest ever, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- High voltage, strawberry-flavored e-cigarettes worst for health
- Humans may already have reached maximum lifespan