How the paper helped mold the community’s social and political landscapeDEARBORN — The Arab American News is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a community dinner at the Bint Jebail Cultural Center in Dearborn, on Thursday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Armenian genocide: Remembering pain and celebrating survival
- Speaker at NRA annual meeting claims “no-go zones” exist in Dearborn
- Michigan Muslims participate in food drive to honor Chapel Hill victims
- Accused bullies could face legal troubles
- Detroit boy found in basement expected to testify against his parents
- Residents still unsatisfied with services, recurring flooding in Dearborn Heights
- Interfaith group aimed at debunking ignorance forms powerful friendships
America's moral failure: Abandoning U.S. citizens in YemenThousands of Americans are trapped in war-torn Yemen. But the U.S. government, which is legally mandated to protect and evacuate its citizens from dangerous situations anywhere in the world, is doing nothing to help them. Instead, the Obama administration is delivering weapons to Saudi Arabia to deepen the conflict and further endanger Yemeni Americans.
- Rosa Parks should be the face of the $20 bill
- Saudi opposition to the Iranian nuclear deal is irrational
Russia pushes for Syria peace talks to defeat ISISDAMASCUS — Latest U.N. efforts to resolve the Syria crisis could succeed this time and lead to a united front against "Islamic State" followed by a political transition, Russia's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva said.
- Naming and shaming in Yarmouk
- Naming and shaming in Yarmouk
Ex-Blackwater guards sentenced to prison in Baghdad killingsWASHINGTON — A former Blackwater security guard was sentenced to life in prison and three others got 30-year terms on Monday, April 13, in the massacre of 14 unarmed Iraqi civilians at a Baghdad traffic circle in 2007, closing a case that had outraged Iraqis and inflamed anti-U.S. sentiment around the world.
- Hillary Clinton run for presidency, begins campaign trail
- Muslims expected to surpass Jews as second-largest U.S. religious group
- Clinton tries again to crack 'highest glass ceiling' with White House bid
- South Carolina officer dismissed after shooting man in back
- Dingell named senior whip by House Democratic leadership
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services reaches visa cap for 2016
- McDonald's to raise average worker wage to about $10 an hour
Dearborn police looking for armed robbery suspectDearborn — Police are searching for an armed man who approached a Dearborn and attempted to abduct a Dearborn woman, who managed to escape.
- Detroit man said Inkster police targeted him because of race
- Dearborn man sues Detroit police in federal court
- Judge sentences Bassel Abdul-Amir Saad to 8-15 years in prison
- Eleven charged with fraudulently using personal information of Blue Cross subscribers
- Four suspects arrested for attempting to steal car parts with U-haul at Fairlane Meadow
- Parolee arrested in stabbing of three
- Witnesses sought in March 9 shooting on I-94
U.S. Iran bill makes nuclear deal harder, but not impossibleWASHINGTON — A compromise allowing the U.S. Congress to vote on a nuclear deal with Tehran may prompt Iranian negotiators to drive a harder bargain, but does not drastically weaken President Obama's ability to deliver on a final agreement.
- UN warns of slaughter of innocents at ISIS-controled Yarmouk
- Iran, West agree on framework for nuclear agreement
Comedian Nemr: Laughter brings people togetherLanguage, food, clothes and lifestyles vary across ethnic groups and geographical regions, but to Lebanese American comedian Nemr Abou Nassar, humor transcends all cultural barriers; it is universal.
- Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakers
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safetyDETROIT — This past weekend, Michigan experienced its third largest snowfall since 1880, forcing residents to head outdoors to clear driveways and walkways.
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening
- Steps to prepare for severe winter