State Rep Julie Plawecki dies
DEARBORN HEIGHTS - State Representative Julie Plawecki, 54, has passed away.
- Maronite Patriarch Rai to start U.S. tour June 29
- Local Muslims raise $35,000 to feed hungry in Wayne County
How Israel uses water as a weapon of warEntire communities in the West Bank either have no access to water or have had their water supply reduced almost by half.
- We should face terror with unity and solidarity
- Beyond the selfies: Federal watch lists do not solve gun violence
Suicide bombers kill five Lebanese villageFour suicide bombers killed at least five people and wounded 19 more in a series of attacks in a Lebanese Christian village at the border with Syria on Monday, the latest violent spillover of the five-year-old Syrian war into Lebanon.
- ISIS bombings kill 18 in southern Yemen
- U.S.-backed forces enter strategic ISIS stronghold in Syria
Plane crashes in Detroit neighborhoodDETROIT - A single-engine plane crashed Monday night near Coleman A. Young International Airport on Detroit’s east side.
- Gun loving mother shoots two daughters to death
- Florida woman charged for threatening to “blow up” praying Muslims
Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-insDEARBORN — On Tuesday May 4, at approximately 3:30am, Dearborn Police Officers observed a suspicious occupied vehicle in the area of Hollywood and Ash and established surveillance on the vehicle.
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
- FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
Turkey "sorry" for shooting down Russian jetTurkish President Tayyip Erdogan has apologized to Russian leader Vladimir Putin over last year's shooting down of a Russian air force jet by Turkey's military, the Kremlin said on Monday, opening the way for Russia to lift economic sanctions.
- Police fatally shoot man who took hostages in German cinema
- Muslim woman attacked at a supermarket in London, Canada
Muhammad Ali, boxing icon, dead at 74Former world heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali, whose record-setting boxing career, flair for showmanship and political stands made him one of the best-known figures of the 20th century, died on Friday aged 74.
- Muslim rapper Belly & The Weeknd cancel TV performance over Trump
- Library cardholders offered discounted and free passes to Michigan parks
It's official; coffee doesn't cause cancer
Go on, have another cup. Coffee is now off the list of things that could possibly cause cancer.
- Teen marijuana use in Colorado found lower than national average
- New York City to provide free tampons in schools, shelters