FBI names new top agent in DetroitDETROIT — FBI director James B. Comey has named David P. Gelios as the special agent in charge of the Detroit division.
- Yemenis get TPS designation
- Dearborn schools a national model for halal options
- Passionate school counselor pushes students to pursue higher education
- Sen. Peters meets community activists before Middle East trip
- Sterling Heights mosque controversy spills across Chaldean and Muslim communities
- Detroit gas station owners to join organization to safeguard interests
- Chinese auto supplier to build headquarters in Northville
Palestinians push to fly their flag at the U.N.RAMALLAH — Israel complained to the United Nations on Tuesday about a Palestinian initiative to fly the Palestinian flag alongside those of full member states at the world body's headquarters, calling it "another cynical misuse of the U.N. by the Palestinian Authority."
- Former ICC chief prosecutor pushes for Yazidi genocide case
- ISIS attack kills 28 in Sanaa mosque
Appeals court asked to halt NSA phone spying programA U.S. appeals court appeared reluctant on Wednesday to put an immediate halt to the federal government's collection of millions of Americans' phone records, with the controversial spy program set to expire in November.
- Teenager faces manslaughter charges for convincing boyfriend to commit suicide
- Tennessee Sheriffs criticized by Muslim civil rights groups for bigoted comments
- Virginia TV journalists killed by suspect with 'powder keg' of anger
- White House fence jumper killed in Pennsylvania court attack
- Chelsea Manning found guilty of violating military prison rules
- New York man plotted to harm Muslims, Obama with X-ray device
- Oklahoma man at 'Muslim Free' gun store accidentally shoots himself
Suspect who shot gas station attendant in Westland arrestedWESTLAND — The suspect who shot a gas station employee in Westland last week was arrested in Bay City on Wednesday, Allie Berry, vice-president of Armada Oil & Gas Company, said.
- Rochester Hills man sentenced to life for beating parents to death
- Suspect charged in slaying of Clinton Township party store owner
Truck of up to 50 migrant corpses found in AustriaAs many as 50 refugees were found dead in a parked truck in Austria on Thursday, and another migrant ship sank off Libya, deepening a crisis that is overwhelming Europe and throwing up new tragedies by the day.
- World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furious
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
MSU museum features modern UAE art exhibitLANSING — Michigan State University is feature the work of modern artists from the United Arab Emirates at its Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum.
- Egypt jails belly dancers jailed for "inciting debauchery"
- Poetry corner: The note
Women, minorities still underrepresented in medical specialtiesDiversifying the physician workforce may be key to addressing health disparities and inequities, Dr. Curtiland Deville of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, who worked on the study, said in an email.
- Study: Depression not contagious, but happiness spreads among friends
- Study: Walking while texting slows you down