Bank of America acquitted of discrimination against Muslim charityDespite its charity efforts, Life for Relief and Development's Bank of America (BOA) account was abruptly closed, for no known reason.
Life's lawyers cited xenophobic rhetoric, which they say has resulted in the closures of hundreds of Arab Americans' accounts by several banks over decades, as the reason for their bank account closure.
A six-member jury decided in favor of Bank of America on Tuesday.
- Michigan unemployment rate lowest since 01
- 'Nobody is safe anymore': Arab Americans react to deadly hatred
The Obama Doctrine is ravaging the Middle EastEveryone seems to have a theory on how to obliterate ISIS. However, two points are rarely raised: one, concerning the origins of the group and the second, on whether there are genuine intentions to defeat it, in the first place.
- Sectarianism is a dangerous game
- Clinton should not take your vote for granted
Iraq executes 36 ISIS militants for mass killing of soldiersIraq said on Sunday it had hanged 36 ISIS militants sentenced to death over the mass killing of hundreds of soldiers at a camp north of Baghdad two years ago.
- Turkey blames child bomber for attack that killed 51
- U.N. warns of unprecedented 'catastrophe' in Aleppo
U.S. judge blocks Obama transgender school bathroom policyA U.S. judge blocked an Obama administration policy that public schools should allow transgender students to use the bathrooms of their choice, granting a nationwide injunction sought by 13 dissenting states just in time for the new school year.
- Phoenix area Muslims pay for ‘ISIS sucks’ billboard
- Muslim inmate sues Indiana sheriff’s office over halal diet
Dearborn police arrest three for home invasion
DEARBORN —On Friday, July 29, police officers responded to a report of a home invasion in progress on the 13000 block of S. Morrow Circle around. On scene, officers observed forced entry into the home and spoke to witnesses who provided descriptions of the suspects.
- Four children found dehydrated and malnourished in Detroit home
- Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-ins
Local renaissance woman strives to make art accessibleDEARBORN — As henna and makeup artists continue to flourish in the community, more and more young women decide to put their talent to work and showcase it on social media, gaining fans around the world.
- Will Smith speaks out against Trump, Islamophobia
- Daesh Girl: A film about love
Lack of stores with fresh foods linked to signs of heart diseaseLiving in poor neighborhoods has been linked to increased heart risk and a new U.S. study suggests the lack of access to fresh, healthy foods may be to blame.
- Prescription drug abuse tied to increased risk of teen suicide
- Clash of civilizations or powerful diversity