AAPAC begins endorsement process for upcoming electionsDEARBORN — The Arab American Political Action Committee (AAPAC) has begun its process of interviewing candidates to determine who will receive the organization's endorsement before the August 2 primary.
- Community supports Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon at fundraiser
- Graduation Day: Ahmad Yaser Alnajjar
May 25: Liberation Day should be hailed and celebratedSix days. It took Israel six days to defeat the combined armies of Egypt, Jordan and Syria in 1967. Demoralized Arabs had gotten used to catastrophes and setbacks as Israel colonized their land before the resistance in south Lebanon reclaimed their honor.
- Americans are helping eight million people break this bad law
- Sykes-Picot, 100 years later: Redrawing the maps
Military college allows Muslim woman to wear Hijab
NORTHFIELD, Vt. - The nation's oldest private military college will, for the first time, allow an incoming freshman to wear a Muslim headscarf.
- Airport screening made 70,000 miss American Airlines flights this year
- Clinton faces major setback with Email scandal
Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-insDEARBORN — On Tuesday May 4, at approximately 3:30am, Dearborn Police Officers observed a suspicious occupied vehicle in the area of Hollywood and Ash and established surveillance on the vehicle.
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
- FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
Muslim states block gay groups from U.N. AIDS meetingUNITED NATIONS - A group of 51 Muslim states has blocked 11 gay and transgender organizations from attending a high-level meeting at the United Nations next month on ending AIDS, sparking a protest by the United States, Canada and the European Union.
- Tunisian ambassador to U.S.: Democracy in Tunisia is irreversible
- Reebok cancels shoes celebrating Israel's independence
Library cardholders offered discounted and free passes to Michigan parksLANSING — Library card holders statewide can once again get free or discounted access to hundreds of Michigan's state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas through the second annual Michigan Activity Pass program.
- Rima Fakih’s star-studded Lebanon wedding
- Rapper 2 Chainz releases bold video defending Muslims
Michigan urges residents to spread fun, not germsLANSING — The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is encouraging residents to maximize the health benefits of swimming with healthy and safe habits.
- Adult smoking rate in the U.S. falling fast
- Chain restaurants required to post calorie counts by May 2017
- Michigan starts campaign against mental health stigma
- Addicts using deadly doses of anti-diarrhea medicine to get high
- Michigan health officials urge vaccination as chickenpox cases increase
- U.S. regulators ban e-cigarette, cigar sales to minors
- U.S. kills 39,000 turkeys in outbreak of mild bird flu