Yemen's Temporary Protection Status prevailsDEARBORN — Yemen has been re-designated for a Temporary Protected Status (TPS), allowing its visiting citizens to apply to remain in the United States as famine continues to threaten millions in the country.
- Security analyst Sali Osman breaking the mold
- Rep. Hammoud's first bill would increase election ad transparency
- Activists react to Congress' pro-Israeli resolution
- Gov. Snyder prohibits Michigan from dealing with businesses that boycott Israel
- Community to rally in support of public education
- Vice President Biden stresses on importance of Detroit during Auto Show visit
- Nadia Berry sworn in as Crestwood School Board trustee
Enough fearmongering: Only one Democratic state is possibleLong before December 28, when Secretary of State, John Kerry took the podium at the Dean Acheson Auditorium in Washington DC to pontificate on the uncertain future of the two-state solution and the need to save Israel from itself, the subject of a Palestinian state has been paramount.
- Congress sabotaging peace, U.S. foreign policy
- What Rafsanjani's death means for the Islamic Republic
Istanbul nightclub shooter who killed 39 caughtISTANBUL – The gunman suspected of killing 39 people in an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been caught in the city's Esenyurt district, the a Turkish newspaper website and other media reports said on Monday.
- Tunisian police fire tear gas at protesters demanding jobs
- Syrian ceasefire largely holding, aid not going in
Wife of Orlando nightclub shooter arrestedSAN FRANCISCO- The FBI on Monday arrested the wife of the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando gay nightclub last year, a massacre that intensified fears about attacks against Americans inspired by Islamic State, officials said.
- Trump and spy chief in contradiction over Russian documents
- Republicans work to dismantle Obamacare
- Mexico President: We will work with Trump, but we aren't paying for the wall
- Oregon senator randomly introduces bill to ban Sharia Law
- Driver accused of kicking Muslim girl off school bus
- Muslim teacher's lawsuit against New Jersey school district gets ugly
- Arab immigrant to be appointed to Trump administration
Man arrested in death of Saudi studentMADISON, Wis. — A Minnesota man with a string of domestic violence convictions was charged in the death of a Saudi Arabian college that occurred last October.
- Jordanian cousins murdered during robbery had come to the U.S. for a better life
- Detroit crimes decrease, with a slight increase in homicides
- Woman threatens people leaving Kentwood Islamic Center
- Ohio business owner murdered on Christmas eve
- Former Michigan State University athlete sues gymnastics doctor, school for sexual abuse
- 6 men charged in connection with stolen cellphones operation
- Muslim woman forgives woman who smashed beer-mug in her face
Pop star Katy Perry defends Muslims in newly produced videoLOS ANGELES - Pop star Katy Perry is coming to the defense of Muslims in a new Public Service Announcement video she produced.
- Female martial arts fighter wears hijab to empower women
- Actor Kal Penn donates $25,000 to Palestinian refugees after winning “Celebrity Masterchef”
Right and wrong ways to address the drug cost Conundrum
Americans are gearing up for higher health care costs in 2017.
Average monthly insurance premiums for popular plans on Healthcare.gov, the major Obamacare exchange, are slated to rise by 25 percent. Some consumers will see their health insurance premiums double.
- Obesity, diabetes prevalent in Arab American communities
- Gun laws, mental health spending tied to fewer school shootings