Three arrested for the murder of Dearborn man who responded to Craigslist postDETROIT – A Dearborn man was murdered during an armed robbery on Sunday, May 17, in what appeared to be a set-up related to a craigslist post about purchasing motorcycle parts.
- Controversial deal with Moroun family over Riverfront Park moves forward
- Great Revelations Academy holds grand opening dinner
- AK Steel to pay $1.35 million to settle past air pollution violations
- Small Midtown Detroit shop offers ample products at affordable prices
- Jim Harbaugh meets with Muslim students upset over 'American Sniper' tweet
- Senate approves banning e-cigarettes to minors
- Dearborn native Amanda Saab begins stint on FOX's "MasterChef"
Fear: The Art of saleIt has long been said (maybe the renowned sociologist Vance Packard said it first) that Madison Avenue’s advertising campaigns pivot around man’s conscious or subconscious fears. Fear is the catalyst. Indeed, man’s fears, insecurities and regrets are what make possible the Art of the Sale.
- Terror against Muslim Americans gets ignored
- Beyond Baltimore: Arab-Black solidarity needed for social change
Students respond with "leg selfies" to Algerian university dress codeALGIERS — Algerians are revealing some leg on Facebook in solidarity for a girl who was banned from taking a law exam in because the university thought her skirt was too short.
- Palestinians to press on suspending Israel from FIFA
- ISIS captures Gaddafi's hometown
Texas police seek gang truce, end of bloodshed after deadly brawlWACO, TEXAS — Police asked rival motorcycle gangs on Tuesday to put aside their differences after a weekend brawl at a Waco restaurant that left nine people dead and 18 injured, calling for a halt to the carnage and threats of revenge attacks.
- Mother of reporter missing three years in Syria urges U.S. help
- Muslims decry double standards following bail of former congressional candidate who plotted attack
Family of 20-year-old fatally shot by ICE agent speaks outDETROIT—The family of Terrence Kellom and various community groups held a press conference on Tuesday to speak out against the 20-year-old's shooting death.
- Third U of M fraternity member arraigned in resort vandalism
- Worthy brings charges against former Inkster cop
Vatican recognizes state of Palestine
The Vatican concluded its first treaty that formally recognises the State of Palestine, with an agreement on Catholic Church activities in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority, the Holy See said on Wednesday.
- U.N. invites Syrian parties to peace talks in Geneva
- U.S. Iran bill makes nuclear deal harder, but not impossible
Comedian Nemr: Laughter brings people togetherLanguage, food, clothes and lifestyles vary across ethnic groups and geographical regions, but to Lebanese American comedian Nemr Abou Nassar, humor transcends all cultural barriers; it is universal.
- Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakers
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Eleven reasons you are always hungry"Hunger is the physiological need for calories, water and salt and it's driven by a mix of factors, including your diet, appetite hormones and emotional factors, such as stress," said Maggie Moon, RD, a Los Angeles-based nutritionist and owner of Everyday Healthy Eating.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safety
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening