Land swap deal approved by Detroit City CouncilDETROIT—On Tuesday, the Detroit City Council approved a controversial deal between the city and billionaire Manual “Matty” Moroun.
- Grand Rapids man arrested for smuggling guns to Lebanon
- Court of Appeals to consider case of Arabs’ bank accounts’ closure
- Community garden contributing to recovery process for adults with mental illness
- Muslim man accused of trying to establish campground to train terrorists
- Registered voters encouraged to cast ballots in Aug. 4 elections
- Muslim group offers condolences to families of Chattanooga victims
- Yemeni businessman competes in Hamtramck City Council race
Israeli media: Drone strike targeted Samir Kuntar in SyriaSeveral Israeli media outlets have reported that a drone strike on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights targeted Samir Kuntar, a former Lebanese guerrilla fighter who spent 29 years in Israeli prison before being released in a prisoner exchange in 2008.
- Iraqi militia leader says U.S. not serious about fighting ISIS
- Another ceasefire fails in Yemen
- The garbage scandal in Lebanon: Another catastrophe of a failed system
- The Iran nuclear agreement: A chance for Arab-Iranian reconciliation
- Saudi arms shipment arrives in Aden airport
- Kurdish militants kill two Turkish police to avenge ISIS bombing
- Iraqis launch offensive near Anbar base as blasts kill 32
Obama dines with Kenyan family after arriving in father's homelandU.S. President Barack Obama dined with his step grandmother, his sister and other extended family members after arriving in Kenya for his first presidential visit to his father's homeland on Friday.
- WSJ: White House to release Israeli spy Pollard
- At least six U.S. states move to arm National Guard offices
- Flag dispute triggers clash at South Carolina capitol
- South Carolina church shooting suspect to face U.S. hate crime charges
- FBI says still not known if Tennessee shooting suspect was radicalized
- U.S. officials accuse Oregon imam of hiding militant past
- Muslim woman photographed with paintball gun causes scare in New York
Four plead guilty in death of Westland womanWestland — Four men pled guilty Monday in the fatal beating death of a Westland woman whose body was dumped along a road in Dearborn Heights six months ago.
- Happy Pizza’s founder to serve four years in prison
- Four arrested in unarmed Dearborn bank robbery
- Mom who stored dead children in freezer has “no remorse”
- Three men charged with manufacturing and distributing fake 5-hour energy drinks
- Dearborn Heights resident charged with neighbor’s murder
- Family of 20-year-old fatally shot by ICE agent speaks out
- Third U of M fraternity member arraigned in resort vandalism
World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furiousVIENNA — Iran and six major world powers reached a nuclear deal on Tuesday, capping more than a decade of negotiations with an agreement that could transform the Middle East.
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
- The Iran nuclear deal is brewing, Saudi Arabia is boiling
Legendary actor Omar sharif diesActor Omar Sharif, best known for his portrayal of Doctor Zhivago in the hit 1966 film and for his work in "Lawrence of Arabia", died of a heart attack on Friday. He was 83.
- Activism through art brought to light at community forum
- The ‘evil eye’ and the power of Turkish coffee readings in the Muslim community
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safetyDETROIT — This past weekend, Michigan experienced its third largest snowfall since 1880, forcing residents to head outdoors to clear driveways and walkways.
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening
- Steps to prepare for severe winter