Residents, civil rights groups concerned about Kroger investigationDEARBORN — The investigation of a violent altercation involving a 61-year-old Muslim man and two White men at a local Kroger earlier this month is of growing concern to residents and local civil rights groups.
- Local seniors hopeful following article about food stamp cuts
- Department of Human Services employees protest understaffing
UAE sentences six Iranians to life for kidnapping businessmanDUBAI — A court in the United Arab Emirates sentenced six Iranians, three of them in absentia, to life in prison for kidnapping a British businessman who went missing in Dubai in 2013, newspapers reported on Thursday.
- Bahrain sentences three men to death for killing police officers
- Two Egyptian policemen held after lawyer's death in custody
Pope Francis on Charlie Hebdo: There are limits to free speechMANILA — Pope Francis on Thursday condemned killing in God's name but warned religion could not be insulted, weighing into a global debate on free speech ahead of a rapturous welcome in the Philippines.
- Russia advises Syrian opposition leaders to attend Moscow talks
- Paris attack reminds Arab cartoonists of dangers at home
- Canada Parliament gunman had planned to travel to Syria
- South American leadrers stand with Gaza, Bolivia declares Israel ‘terrorist state’
- Malaysian airliner downed in Ukraine war zone, 295 reported dead
- NSA may be putting Israeli security interests above U.S., new document reveals
- US accuses Israel of ‘alarming, even terrifying’ levels of spying
Republicans propose declaring Idaho a 'Christian state'SALMON, Idaho — Members of a county Republican Party are to take up a measure on Tuesday evening that would declare the state a Christian one to bolster what the proposal calls the "Judeo-Christian bedrock of the founding of the United States."
- U.S. justices show support for Muslim woman denied job due to head scarf
- University of Mass. backtracks on excluding Iranian engineering students
Local and state election resultsBelow are the results for this year's local and state elections.
- Senator-elect Peters: We want to increase minimum wage
- Victorious Snyder: It is time to get more done
- Judicial candidate Tony Guerriero passionate about Dearborn
- Oakland County Commission candidate is diversity champion
- Michigan Supreme Court candidate Bill Murphy: A seat on the court should not come with a ‘for sale’ sign
- Voter registration deadline is Oct. 6
- New faces vie for school board seats in crowded election
City's comments on Kroger incident call investigation into questionMuch has been made of the incident that took place at the Kroger at Michigan Ave. and Greenfield on Feb 12. While many facts may be in dispute, a separate controversy has been raised by members of the community.
- Netanyahu’s address to Congress is a decisive insult
- The media sensationalized Wayne County government corruption claims
Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakersDETROIT — Filmmakers have been increasingly capturing Michigan’s unique ambiance with the help of a diverse group of locals— both in front of and behind the camera— since the state approved a film incentive in 2008.
- 'Arab Idol' breaks isolation of Israel’s Palestinian citizens
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Soccer player pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughterLIVONIA — On Friday, Feb. 20, Bassel Abdul-Amir Saad pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the June 29 death of John Bieniewicz, a referee he fatally punched during a soccer game. Saad, a Dearborn resident, was initially charged with second-degree murder.
- Dearborn robber still at large
- Eastpointe woman charged with murder for throwing baby in dumpster
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safetyDETROIT — This past weekend, Michigan experienced its third largest snowfall since 1880, forcing residents to head outdoors to clear driveways and walkways.
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening
- Steps to prepare for severe winter