Community forum to honor history, connect culturesDEARBORN — George Washington, hot dogs and apple pie — the three American staples will come together at the We Humble Ourselves- Turning a Nation Back to God event, Saturday, Aug. 29 and Sunday, Aug. 30 at Ford Field Park.
- Armed man robs Dearborn CVS pharmacy
- African American activists endorse boycott of Israel
- Lebanese Americans gather to support "You Stink" campaign
- Sterling Heights residents display bigotry against proposed mosque
- HFEC ranked 124th in Newsweek America’s Top High Schools 2015 list
- Dingell, Stabenow and Lawrence announce support for Iran Nuclear Deal
- Dearborn apartment fire leaves 1 dead, 12 homeless
Videos show Libyan officials abusing jailed Gaddafi sonTRIPOLI — New videos show Libyan security officials threatening Muammar Gaddafi's son Saadi in an effort to force him to talk, two weeks after footage emerged showing guards beating him in the same Tripoli jail.
- ISIS bomb wounds 30 at Cairo courthouse
- Four Hamas militants abducted in Sinai
Chelsea Manning found guilty of violating military prison rulesWASHINGTON — Soldier Chelsea Manning, who is serving 35 years in a military prison for leaking classified documents to WikiLeaks, was found guilty on Tuesday of violating jail rules and given three weeks of recreation curbs, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
- New York man plotted to harm Muslims, Obama with X-ray device
- Oklahoma man at 'Muslim Free' gun store accidentally shoots himself
Undercover Detroit police car stolenWhen your car gets stolen, you call the police. But when a police car gets stolen, who do they call? An undercover police officer was confronted with that question when his unmarked car was stolen from Detroit's northwest side last night.
- Four plead guilty in death of Westland woman
- Happy Pizza’s founder to serve four years in prison
Truck of up to 50 migrant corpses found in AustriaAs many as 50 refugees were found dead in a parked truck in Austria on Thursday, and another migrant ship sank off Libya, deepening a crisis that is overwhelming Europe and throwing up new tragedies by the day.
- World powers welcome Iran deal; Saudi Arabia and Israel furious
- Historic Iran nuclear deal reached
Famed Egyptian actor Nour el-Sherif diesCAIRO — Famed Egyptian actor Nour el-Sherif died on Tuesday. He was 69. The Egyptian state news agency said he died after battling an unspecified long illness.
- Legendary actor Omar sharif dies
- Activism through art brought to light at community forum
- The ‘evil eye’ and the power of Turkish coffee readings in the Muslim community
- Comedian Nemr: Laughter brings people together
- Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakers
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
- Arab Museum hosts ‘1001 laughs Dearborn comedy festival’
Study: Depression not contagious, but happiness spreads among friendsCOVENTRY, England — Researchers found that while depression does not spread among friends, happiness is contagious in circles of friends and may be the key to treating and preventing depression.
- Study: Walking while texting slows you down
- Music boosts recovery from surgery, reduces pain