Party store owner shot and killed in Clinton Township
CLINTON TOWNSHIP—Emil Salem, 50, the owner of Bernie’s Party Store in Clinton Township was fatally gunned down yesterday after a suspect entered the business around 11 p.m. waving a gun.
- 10th annual Arab Student Union banquet celebrates past and present
- U of M students launch divestment campaign
- Elementary school students raise money for Down Syndrome organization
- ICA ranked in top 10 beautiful mosques by French magazine
- Head of Detroit FBI reads to Dearborn students
- Second annual Autism Awareness event in Dearborn to be bluer and brighter
- Superintendent Whiston to share Dearborn experience across Michigan
Netanyahu the mythbuster: 'Special relationship' no moreImagine if an American presidential candidate made a plea to his supporters on election day with the following statement: “The Republican administration is in danger. Black voters are going en masse to the polls. Liberal NGOs are bringing them on buses.”
- Saudi intervention in Yemen will lead to more chaos
- Terrorism by non-Muslims goes under-reported
Lebanon captures militant who beheaded soldierBEIRUT — Lebanon's army said on Tuesday that it had captured two militants, one of whom beheaded a Lebanese soldier who was held by hardline Islamist gunmen along with around two dozen servicemen still in captivity.
- Bardo museum symbolic reopening precedes march against terror
- "Islamic State" militants take on Libya's rival government forces
Two Arab men killed in Houston
HOUSTON – Police in Houston are investigating the murders of two young Lebanese men at an apartment complex.
- Oil up 5 percent after Saudi strikes in Yemen
- White House chief of staff: Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories ‘must end’
Detroit man said Inkster police targeted him because of raceDETROIT — In a press conference at his attorney’s office on Wednesday, 57-year-old Floyd Dent, an auto worker with no criminal record, described the January 28 incident in which he said Inkster police dragged him from his car during a traffic stop. The police also beat him and tasered him, according to Dent’s account, which was recorded on the patrol car’s video camera.
- Dearborn man sues Detroit police in federal court
- Judge sentences Bassel Abdul-Amir Saad to 8-15 years in prison
Netanyahu claims victory in Israeli electionsPrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claimed victory in Israel's election after exit polls showed he had erased his center-left rivals' lead with a hard rightward shift in which he abandoned a commitment to negotiate a Palestinian state.
- Twin bombings at churches in Pakistan kill 14, wound 78
- Pope Francis on Charlie Hebdo: There are limits to free speech
- Russia advises Syrian opposition leaders to attend Moscow talks
- Paris attack reminds Arab cartoonists of dangers at home
- Canada Parliament gunman had planned to travel to Syria
- South American leadrers stand with Gaza, Bolivia declares Israel ‘terrorist state’
- Malaysian airliner downed in Ukraine war zone, 295 reported dead
Michigan film incentive positively impacts Arab actors and minority filmmakersDETROIT — Filmmakers have been increasingly capturing Michigan’s unique ambiance with the help of a diverse group of locals— both in front of and behind the camera— since the state approved a film incentive in 2008.
- 'Arab Idol' breaks isolation of Israel’s Palestinian citizens
- Renowned controversial Lebanese poet Said Akl dies at 102
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan stresses snow shoveling safetyDETROIT — This past weekend, Michigan experienced its third largest snowfall since 1880, forcing residents to head outdoors to clear driveways and walkways.
- Government approves Medicare coverage for lung cancer screening
- Steps to prepare for severe winter