Detroit anti-crime initiative expands, Duggan wants more businesses to joinProject Green Light, the crime-fighting initiative streaming live footage to the police from businesses that stay open late, is working, Mayor Mike Duggan said Monday.
- Dearborn enforces 2 a.m. hookah lounge curfew as Ramadan approaches
- Dr. Ola: Syrian American graduates from medical school at 21
Sykes-Picot, 100 years later: Redrawing the mapsA century has passed since the Sykes-Picot Agreement was struck. The geopolitical madness in the Middle East indicates that the region is heading toward more fragmentation. The 100-year-old plan to control the Arab world is still at work to divide what has already been divided.
- Dearborn DPW's shady work
- On Nakba and other catastrophes
Top Shi'a cleric urges restraint in assault on Iraq's FallujaIraq's top Shi'a Muslim cleric urged government forces battling to retake Falluja from ISIS militants to spare civilians trapped in the city on Baghdad's western approaches.
- Father of Lebanese soldier killed by Nusra admits revenge murder on TV
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in coastal Syrian cities
City manager resigns after asking staff to map Muslims in the areaWASHINGTON - A former city manager in Washington state wanted to map out the exact locations in which Muslim residents lived over terrorism concerns, according to an independent investigation.
- New York man arrested for ‘providing support to Islamic State’
- Republican senator apologizes to Muslims from deathbed
Two Dearborn residents arrested for string of vehicle break-insDEARBORN — On Tuesday May 4, at approximately 3:30am, Dearborn Police Officers observed a suspicious occupied vehicle in the area of Hollywood and Ash and established surveillance on the vehicle.
- Two men arrested for auto larceny in Dearborn
- FBI suspects man poisoned over a dozen Michigan grocery stores
Muslim states block gay groups from U.N. AIDS meetingUNITED NATIONS - A group of 51 Muslim states has blocked 11 gay and transgender organizations from attending a high-level meeting at the United Nations next month on ending AIDS, sparking a protest by the United States, Canada and the European Union.
- Tunisian ambassador to U.S.: Democracy in Tunisia is irreversible
- Reebok cancels shoes celebrating Israel's independence
Library cardholders offered discounted and free passes to Michigan parksLANSING — Library card holders statewide can once again get free or discounted access to hundreds of Michigan's state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas through the second annual Michigan Activity Pass program.
- Rima Fakih’s star-studded Lebanon wedding
- Rapper 2 Chainz releases bold video defending Muslims
Michigan starts campaign against mental health stigmaDETROIT — One in five young people between the ages of 14 and 24 will experience mental illness. Left untreated, it can cause bigger problems later on.
- Addicts using deadly doses of anti-diarrhea medicine to get high
- Michigan health officials urge vaccination as chickenpox cases increase