Hundreds attend Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church "Eggstravaganza" Easter egg huntDEARBORN—Hundreds of children and parents turned out to the Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church on Saturday afternoon for their "Eggstravaganza" Easter egg hunt.
- Arab American entrepreneur Russell J. Ebeid makes $2-million legacy contribution to AANM
- UMD Faculty Congress votes down boycott and divestment resolutions
- Interfaith conference at IHW discusses marriage, family life and easter egg hunt controversy
- Dearborn Easter egg hunt controversy becomes a national media frenzy
- Healthy Michigan Plan reaches 85,761 enrollees after one week
- Iraqi Americans gear up to vote in crucial elections
- Law corner: GM CEO quietly provides incredible testimony at congressional hearings
Egypt court upholds jailing of leading pro-democracy activistsCAIRO — An Egyptian appeals court on Monday, April 7, upheld the jailing of three leading figures of the 2011 pro-democracy uprising, tightening a crackdown on secular activists opposed to the army-backed government.
- Thirteen car bombs rip through Iraq
- Arrest warrant issued for prominent pro-Syria leader in Lebanon
Criminal Court a U.S.-Israeli “red line” for PalestiniansUNITED NATIONS — When Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas decided to defy the United States and Israel over stalled peace negotiations, he formally indicated to the United Nations last week that Palestine will join 15 international conventions relating mostly to the protection of human rights and treaties governing conflicts and prisoners of war.
- UWindsor students put controversial Israel boycott on the back burner
- Russia stands strong against U.S. sanctions; places entry ban on American lawmakers and officals
The case of Jonathan Jay Pollard, traitorJonathan Jay Pollard, the convicted traitor and Israeli spy, is like a bad case of herpes that keeps popping up every time you are ready for a date. He and his venomous followers just won’t go away. Once again, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu is trying to use him as a “bargaining chip” as a condition of continuing to talk to the Palestinians. All the usual suspects are lining up behind Pollard and Netanyahu. I have some thoughts on this.
- Daughter denies wanting Iraqi-American mother dead
- Families of autistic kids sue Disney parks over policy on lines
Debbie Dingell holds fundraiser in Dearborn, vows to promote diversityDEARBORN - Over the years, Debbie Dingell, a candidate in the race for Michigan’s 12th Congressional District, has strengthened relationships between different ethnic groups.
- Julie Plawecki runs for state representative in Michigan’s 11th House District
- Tony Guerriero announces candidacy for Dearborn 19th District Court Judge
- State Representatives back young activist Rashid Baydoun’s bid for public office
- Warren resident Nick Hawatmeh runs for state representative
- Community holds fundraiser for Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Juliette Kayyem
- Rising Democrat David Knezek eyes State Senate seat
- Phil Cavanagh announces campaign for Wayne County Executive
Irresponsible Free Press coverage misleads readers and misrepresent communityA Detroit Free Press article titled "Muslim parents upset over flyer promoting church's Easter egg hunt" was published on Thursday, April 3. After reading the story, however, one discovers that the “worry” expressed comes from only one Muslim father, Dearborn resident Majed Moughni.
- Guilty until proven innocent
- Free Press article misleads public; smears Dearborn Muslims
AASA holds conference at the Arab American National MuseumDEARBORN — The Arab American Studies Association (AASA) held its inaugural triennial conference at the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn last weekend, April 4-6.
- ABC Family Pulls Plug On 'Alice In Arabia' Pilot
- Several Arab countries ban Hollywood movie "Noah"
- HFCC aims to establish art history study abroad program by offering trip to Morocco
- Katy Perry's Egyptian themed music video angers Muslims, responds by removing 'Allah' symbol
- "Karama Has No Walls" offers powerful and touching glimpse into Yemen’s Friday of Dignity
- "The Square": The revolution's idealism attacked with bullets and politics
- “Omar” depicts a harsh, but accurate reality of Palestine
Dearborn police seek help identifying bank robberDEARBORN— Dearborn Police are requesting the assistance of the community in locating the suspect involved in a bank robbery that occurred on April 9, 2014 at 2:25 pm, at the Charter One Bank located at 15904 Michigan Ave.
- Detroit residents charged with breaking and entering in Dearborn
- Funeral of murdered store owner held Wednesday in Southfield
- Assistant principal charged with felony home invasion; facing counts of stalking and domestic violence
- Multiple home invasion suspect arrested
- Twenty-four year old Dearborn resident, Shaker Hassoon charged with multiple crimes
- Schuette announces felony charges against Dearborn residents in illegal sports betting ring
- Dearborn Police warn residents about IRS scam
Suicide: The warning signsSuicide has been recently described as an "epidemic." But what goes on in the mind of a person in the time leading up to his suicide attempt often sounds similar to this:
- The Five reasons people attempt suicide
- Four things that may help you maintain digestive balance