WAYNE COUNTY, MI – Due to the upcoming below-zero temperatures and extreme wind-chill factors, Wayne County offices will close except for essential services. County offices will be closed on Wednesday, January 30, 2019, and Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Those with appointments may call and reschedule when offices re-open on Friday, February 1, 2019. Media inquiries regarding non-executive branch offices should be directed to those elected offices.
Service locations included in the closure:
Wayne County Healthy Communities
• Hamtramck Health Center – 9021 Joseph Campau, Hamtramck, (313) 871-1926
• Wayne Health Center – 33030 Van Born, Wayne (734) 727-7101
Wayne County Health Department
• WIC and Clinical Services – 33030 Van Born, Wayne (734) 727-7101
Wayne County Parks
• Nankin Mills Interpretive Center – 33175 Ann Arbor Trail, Westland MI
• Crosswinds Mars – 27600 Haggerty Road Sumpter, MI
Wayne County Senior Services – 3600 Commerce Court, Building E, Wayne, MI
Wayne County Parks Maintenance services will be operational and maintenance employees will report to work as usual.
Wayne County Roads Services will be operational to handle snow and ice removal.
Essential DPS employees (PSMW, Foremen, District Managers and Equipment staff) will report to work as usual.
Wayne County Buildings Division staff must also report during the closure.