DEARBORN — The city of Dearborn announced on Thursday that it is taking several precautions to mitigate any spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The city said in a press release that it is taking measures to ensure its residents’ safety and as a result, some city services and resources will be unavailable in the short-term. A list of events, services and performances that have been cancelled and/or rescheduled so far is provided below:
Ford Community and Performing Arts Center
Performances that are still as scheduled:
- Thursday, March 12: Beatles Tribute
- Saturday, March 14: Firefall/Orleans/Babys
- Saturday, March 14: House of Persia
- Sunday, March 15: Sports Hall of Fame
- Sunday, March 15: Women’s Expo
- Saturday, March 21: Cabin Fever Jazz
- Sunday, March 22: Dearborn Big Band
- Wednesday, March 25: ACCESS Job Fair
- Friday, March 20: 50 Amp Fuse (Rescheduled for May 15)
- Saturday, March 21: National Arab Orchestra (Rescheduled for May 16)
- Friday, March 13: Wayne Metro Health Meeting
- Several birthday parties; complete list Friday
Dearborn Public Library remains open to the public with normal hours of operation.
Events that are still as scheduled:
- Thursday, March 12: DIY Fungi at Esper Library
- All Children and Teen programs for the remainder of March
- Big Read events for remainder of March will be assessed tomorrow and many of them are being cancelled
The Dearborn city government said it is seriously monitoring the current situation and is taking all precautions to ensure residents and visitors practice proper safety precautions and are aware of critical resources from credible sources.
The city’s website, cityofdearborn.org, has information and guidelines from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), as well as a list of resources residents can access online for those trying to limit public outings for health reasons. It encourages residents to read the MDHHS guidelines for proper hygiene and protection.
For information about city services and resources, visit cityofdearborn.org.
For information about Dearborn Public Schools, visit dearbornschools.org for the latest from Superintendent Maleyko.