DEARBORN – Starting on May 11, a series of free household hazardous waste collection days will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in many Wayne County locations.
Multiple drop-off options are available. Wayne County collection events are offered at the following locations: May 11 at Henry Ford College, August 10 at the Westland Shopping Center and October 19 at WCCCD-Downriver Campus, Taylor.
Proof of Wayne County residency is required. Residents can safely dispose of hazardous items, including:
- household paints, stains, dyes
- floor care items, furniture polish, bathroom cleaners
- lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers
- antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- automotive batteries, dry cell batteries, propane tanks
- computers, printers, scanners, TV’s, cell phones, fax machines
- mercury-containing thermometers, thermostats and elemental mercury
- fluorescent light bulbs (standard and compact)
- smoke detectors, fire extinguishers
- pharmaceutical waste (non –controlled substances only)
- Note that the county now accepts CRT-type monitors and televisions at these events.
For more information, call Wayne County at (734) 326-3936.